• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Migration Manager (10.x from 9.x woes)

O

outsourceit

Hello,

We're trying to migrate domains from our Plesk 9.5.2 server to Plesk 10.0.1. I had expected this would take a week or so but we're still at it after almost a month.

The clients domains and email come over (SmarterMail email is a bit messy!) however the content of their websites do not come over at all. I've done a handful of these manually however I dread doing 100+ in this manner. Is there a log somewhere to show what's going wrong? I could not find anything in the event viewer on either machine. I did find a knowledge base article but it was for FreeBSD and mentioned an incompatibility with the TAR command line parameter for which there was a hotfix. Obviously it must be something else here given our environment.

Our setup is as follows:
OLD SERVER is Windows 2003 R2 64-bit with Plesk 9.5.2
NEW SERVER is Windows 2008 R2 64-bit with Plesk 10.0.1

The migration manager says it's successful in each move I've tried however when we go into the domain there is no hosting configured. For domains that are setup with "forwarding" these come over and are still configured for forwarding. After running the migration job I currently have to enable hosting for the domain in the control panel which creates their folder structure, set a password and then move over the contents of the httpdocs folder manually.

I appreciate any guidance that may help us. We have reviewed all the related materials on this and have the latest version/build of the migration manager from the Parallels website installed on both machines.

Nathan

^spam much? lol

Outsource, we are currently in the same boat as you. We keep running into problems after problems with this. Tech Support has been helpful, but it takes awhile to get a response. This is one of the problems we've had.

The problem is with Windows it needs a complex password and your users probably didn't set one up, so it errors out and won't transfer the files. You need to change the "Password must meet complexity requirements" in the Global Policy Editor (gpedit.msc). You can find it under gpedit.msc (in cmd prompt) then Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Account Policies > Password Policy

Then it should be in the right column. Just double click that and change it to Disabled.

Here's a screen shot to help you out. Good luck.

password.png

Back