• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk migration not work

Felipe Rafael

New Pleskian
every time I try to start a migration of a server account is displayed this message:

Error: Unable to start the migration. Please check that the specified IP address and the administrator login and password are correct and try again. If the issue persists, refer to the migrator logs for troubleshooting.

the user and password are correct, did the panel access test and RDP and both worked.

Destination server: Windows 2012 Standard R2
Source Server: Windows 2008 Standard R2

I need to start this migration as fast as possible. This is happening after having migrated 95% of the source server accounts.

Have tried this article too - https://kb.plesk.com/en/127304

The same problem for me as Felipe Rafael mentioned here. But i can not start migration. It still showing the same error.

I have tried the work around, in my server the PSA Config in my registry editor is in different location. But i have found it and changed it in plesk-migrator.bat file. Finally when i run "generate-migration-list " it shows below error.

[2016-03-21 23:07:56][ERROR] Failed to read configuration file 'config.ini': [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified: 'config.ini'.

But i have placed the config.ini file inside plesk-migrator folder, created a folder called conf and placed it. Please guide me...

@Felipe Rafael, have you fixed the error?

I had problem with config.ini setup. But now i have set it correctly. Now i am receiving the below error.

[2016-03-22 00:32:27][ERROR] Failed to perform action: Check connections
Cause: Error while checking connection settings: 'Panel Migrator failed to start
RPC Agent on '202.157.173.215' server.
RPC Agent is required for communication between current server and '202.157.173.
215' server

First, check that Windows Administrator's credentials specified for the server a
re correct.

If they are correct, it is very likely that Samba is disabled on the remote serv
er,
so automatic start of agent is not possible.
To start it manually, upload 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\var\modules
\panel-migrator\thirdparties\run-panel-migrator-rpc-agent.exe' file to the 202.1
57.173.215 server and run it there.'
That is a critical error, migration was stopped.

I have specified password correctly. In my source server my Plesk Data directory is C:\Parallels\Plesk instead of C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk.

Is this causing any problem?

Thanks in advance.

I have managed to fix the issue and migrated my domain. I can do the migration on CLI but not on the GUI. The same error "Error: Unable to start the migration. Please check that the specified IP address and the administrator login and password are correct and try again. If the issue persists, refer to the migrator logs for troubleshooting." is coming. What is the problem?

Thanks.

Back