• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk Migrator CLI : skipping dir/files from migration process ?

Teny

New Pleskian
Hi,

Just a little question, even if I think it's not possible at this time (may be in futur plesk migrator release it will) but I ask anyway :

is there any option (or conf files, or whatever...) that tell not to sync folder or files from migration process ?

For example a folder containing many big files will slow the migration process.
So what if I want to skip this folder when migrating to transfert it manualy after the migration is ok.

something like :
Code:
plesk-migrator copy-contents --skip-folders-list=[FILE WITH FOLDER LIST]

Thanks for the answers.

Ten.

Last edited:
Hi IgorG and thanks for the reply,

I've already check this URL (many times in the past few days ;)) and all the related ones without finding this option.
but was wondering that maybe there was an "hidden" option, not listed in the docs that would have made the job.
It seems that no...

Maybe in futur release of migrator ?

Thanks anyway.

As an alternative, instead of using the migrator; you can use Backup Manager to exclude files/directories and go that route....

Hi mark,
instead of using the migrator; you can use Backup Manager to exclude files/directories and go that route....

You definitly want me to avoid using migrator to snapshot/mirror my contents, aren't you ? ;)
I will keep on using this method but will debrief myself shortly on its pros and cons

Thank both of you for your replies.

Back