• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk migrator messes up mail directory permissions. How to fix?

deltatech

Regular Pleskian
I just migrated about 50 domains from an old server to a new one. Now I have customers complaining that they can't drag email messages from one folder to another

In outlook the message is "Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following. Copy failed, no write permission or out of disk space. The same thing happens from roundcube webmail

I am using Courier IMAP. and I attempted "plesk repair mail domain.com" and no luck. It seems plesk repair doesn't actually fix permissions. I also tried "plesk repair fs" but that didn't seem to touch the mail directories.

Can someone tell me what the permissions are suppose to be? I compared it to another working server and it seems to be the same.

There seems to be MANY mail problems after using the plesk migration tool . .Spam folders didn't get recreated and I had to use plesk repair to rebuild them leaving people with empty .Spam folders. I have been rescuing those from the old server as people complain.

Any help would be appreciated.

Back