• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk no longer allows local backups?

ed1984

New Pleskian
Hi,

As of today plesk no longer allows me to store backups locally without setting up a remote storage:

Error: You can only store backups in a remote storage, but no remote storage is currently configured. Configure remote storage in Remote Storage Settings.

I used to backup the websites on the dumps folder and occasionally I would download one of those backups to keep a secure copy.

I can still see the files (until yesterday at least) are on the dumps folder but I can't see them on the plesk backups interface. Is this a new updated behaviour?

Please make sure that admin user hasn't permission for local backup like here:

Code:
MariaDB [psa]> select  id,login,perm_id from clients;
+----+-------+---------+
| id | login | perm_id |
+----+-------+---------+
|  1 | admin |      2 |
+----+-------+---------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

MariaDB [psa]> select * from Permissions where id=2 and permission='allow_local_backups';
+----+---------------------+-------+
| id | permission          | value |
|  2 | allow_local_backups | false |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

I suppose that this could happen when Plesk Web Pro edition was switched to Web Admin Edition.

To fix this issue run the following query:

Code:
update  Permissions set value='true' where id=2 and permission='allow_local_backups';

Hi IgorG,

Thanks so much! Worked like a charm!

Any reason why all of a sudden it changed to false? I didn't switch from Pro to Admin.

Maybe some other update?

Hola, tengo el mismo problema y no sé dónde encontrar el código indicado arriba o dónde ejecutar la consulta: actualizar Permissions set value = 'true' where id = 2 and allow = 'allow_local_backups'; ¿Por favor, me puedes ayudar? Gracias

Hello, I have the same problem and I don't know where to find the code indicated above or where to execute the query: update Permissions set value = 'true' where id = 2 and permission = 'allow_local_backups'; Please can you help me? Thanks

Back