• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Plesk no longer allows local backups?

ed1984

New Pleskian
Hi,

As of today plesk no longer allows me to store backups locally without setting up a remote storage:

Error: You can only store backups in a remote storage, but no remote storage is currently configured. Configure remote storage in Remote Storage Settings.

I used to backup the websites on the dumps folder and occasionally I would download one of those backups to keep a secure copy.

I can still see the files (until yesterday at least) are on the dumps folder but I can't see them on the plesk backups interface. Is this a new updated behaviour?

Please make sure that admin user hasn't permission for local backup like here:

Code:
MariaDB [psa]> select  id,login,perm_id from clients;
+----+-------+---------+
| id | login | perm_id |
+----+-------+---------+
|  1 | admin |      2 |
+----+-------+---------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

MariaDB [psa]> select * from Permissions where id=2 and permission='allow_local_backups';
+----+---------------------+-------+
| id | permission          | value |
|  2 | allow_local_backups | false |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

I suppose that this could happen when Plesk Web Pro edition was switched to Web Admin Edition.

To fix this issue run the following query:

Code:
update  Permissions set value='true' where id=2 and permission='allow_local_backups';

Hi IgorG,

Thanks so much! Worked like a charm!

Any reason why all of a sudden it changed to false? I didn't switch from Pro to Admin.

Maybe some other update?

Hola, tengo el mismo problema y no sé dónde encontrar el código indicado arriba o dónde ejecutar la consulta: actualizar Permissions set value = 'true' where id = 2 and allow = 'allow_local_backups'; ¿Por favor, me puedes ayudar? Gracias

Hello, I have the same problem and I don't know where to find the code indicated above or where to execute the query: update Permissions set value = 'true' where id = 2 and permission = 'allow_local_backups'; Please can you help me? Thanks

Back