• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk not migrating databases

E

elderban

I used the Migration Manager in Plesk to move two sites from my old server (cPanel), but when I did, it only moved the site, it did not move the databases. Anyone else have this problem?

I did these two as a test, and I have other much larger databases that have to be moved over with other sites...am I going to have problems with them as well, or am I doing something wrong?

Originally posted by elderban
I used the Migration Manager in Plesk to move two sites from my old server (cPanel), but when I did, it only moved the site, it did not move the databases. Anyone else have this problem?

I did these two as a test, and I have other much larger databases that have to be moved over with other sites...am I going to have problems with them as well, or am I doing something wrong?

Probably this is good question to support team

Same here. Plesk migration fails to migrate certain tables from MySql.

Well, I submitted a ticket, but they basically told me I need to pay for support.

I can't see paying $299 - $549 for support when its probably a problem/bug in their software. :mad:

The issue is due to the actual data in the database. Check to see what database fails to import, and make sure that there are no spaces in your table names, that DOES cause the issue.

So your table namaes must be like so:
"table_name"
"tablename"

Not with spaces like"
"table_name "

There might be a space creeping in there, that what was happening in our case. It was an oScommerce space in the table name.

I tried this with several different accounts, and none of the databases on any of them transferred. The only thing that did transfer was the files that were in the domain's directory. So, basically, the Migration Manager is nothing more than a basic FTP program. :rolleyes:

I finally got a hold of my hosting provider and they told me that the Migration Manager doesn't work and that I have to do everything manually.

Back