• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Important Plesk Obsidian Releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @sebgonzes

It depends on what you are expecting from this new version of Plesk. A lot of our customers asked an ability to use Plesk Panel without 8443 port, to have the ability to Restrict Administrators actions, and a lot of other small tuning things which already mentioned in the preview release notes.

BTW, a couple of cool features on the way. 'SSL for each domain for a mail web server' is one of them. We are waiting when Postfix supports this it and then we'll implement this feature for Postfix+Dovecot configuration.

Well, 8443 port is the plesk standar since the first version as well as cpanel have is own port, so, if it's not an bad things, I don't thinks that is an essential feature... There is so much things that would be important, first one of course, the ssl mail server for each domain, but not only, real distinct limit between web space and mail space for exemple, ( Create separate Mail and Web Space ) etc etc.

I really appreciate some feature as php7 for panel plesk 17.8 (it's really speeder now), let's encrypt for domain, import mail plugin, etc etc, but not seein nothing really great in the new version, only small feature without any big change for now.

Well, 8443 port is the plesk standar since the first version as well as cpanel have is own port, so, if it's not an bad things, I don't thinks that is an essential feature...

Tell me your port number and I will tell you what control panel you're using, simple is that (extra layer). these ports numbers are important to use(not to see in url)

Bty, I think Plesk is catching the right road based on reviews and feedback's not from random thoughts, except security implementations and bug fixes. and I agree with u about SSL email server for multi domains. this is must be done long time ago.

Tell me your port number and I will tell you what control panel you're using, simple is that (extra layer). these ports numbers are important to use(not to see in url)

Bty, I think Plesk is catching the right road based on reviews and feedback's not from random thoughts, except security implementations and bug fixes. and I agree with u about SSL email server for multi domains. this is must be done long time ago.

Well, I still thinking (as well as a lot of other plesk user) that the massive increase price was not the "right road"... In our case, we have regrouped all our webhosting servers on much more less servers number but bigger servers to reduce the final cost of licence (in our case, and suppose a lot of case => less money for plesk team but a lot of work for us to join various server in only one big, result, both have lost, plesk money and our buissness lot of time), we have evaluated change panel, but finaly don't do it for our customer, the big change are sometime don't good for customer.

Really a very few of feedback have been developed as you can see in Feature Suggestions: Top (1381 ideas) – Your Ideas for Plesk, about 20 first feedback's... only 1 or 2 have been done.

Hello All

Any one update Plesk Onyx support smartermail 17 / build 6976 , We have upgrade our mail service but Plesk not release smartermail patch , Can you confirm Plesk beta/ stable version support latest smartermail
Binesh

Hi @Binesh S ,

Any one update Plesk Onyx support smartermail 17

The work on support SmarterMail 100 (formerly 17) in progress. We faced issues during the integration process, and now awaiting a response from SmarterMail to fix them. You can expect the support of the SM100 in Plesk 17.9 Preview version not earlier than the middle of March.

Hello,

I'm glad to announce Plesk 17.9.11 Preview has been published.
Let's don't wait for auto-update of your preview builds, do it right now!

Release Notes / How to install the preview build

Main Deliveries
  • Added support for Windows Server 2019.
  • By default, systemd now automatically restarts crashed Plesk services after 5 seconds.
  • The system PHP component is no longer mandatory for Plesk.
    thumbnail_Screenshot 2019-01-31 16.23.29.png

• The "SSL/TLS support" and "Permanent SEO-safe 301 redirect from HTTP to HTTPS" options are now enabled by default for new and preset hosting plans and add-on plans as well as for new custom subscriptions.
    • This helps users effortlessly enhance security and improve the Google rank of created websites.
      thumbnail_image001.png
  • Added the support for TLSv1.3 (enabled by default) for customers' websites that are served by nginx and accessed by HTTPS.
    • # plesk bin server_pref --show | grep ssl-protocols
      ssl-protocols: TLSv1 TLSv1.1 TLSv1.2 TLSv1.3

thumbnail_image003.png
  • Email settings shown on the "Configure Email Client" window (mail server username, incoming and outgoing mail servers, and supported incoming and outgoing mail protocols) can now be customized via the `[mail]` section settings in the `panel.ini` file.

• Improved the error message shown if a Plesk license could not be updated because the license server ka.plesk.com could not be accessed: the message now contains the KB article link to help troubleshoot the issue License fails to update

• PHP versions 5.6 and 7.0 are now marked as "outdated" in Plesk and Plesk Installer. These PHP versions were also removed from the default set of components in the stable Plesk release.
    thumbnail_Screenshot 2019-01-22 12.37.32.png
  • The ImunifyAV extension is now shipped with Plesk.
  • Updated PHP 7.3 to version 7.3.2.
  • Updated PHP 7.2 to version 7.2.15.
  • Updated phpMyAdmin 4.8 to version 4.8.5, which includes fixes for major security issues.
  • Updated MySQL 5.7 to version 5.7.25, which includes fixes for a number of security issues.
  • Updated MySQL Connector/ODBC 5.3 to version 5.3.12.

Last edited:
It would be extremely important to implement AutoDiscover (for Outlook) and AutoConfig (for Thunderbird) since this is a feature which is used by many customers. To implement it by self is complicated and doesn't work with all Office versions.

As you can see here (autodiscover for email settings for linux and windows) many other users need this feature too.

Also, is there an ETA for Plesk 17.9?

Plesk 17.9.11 Preview has been published.
Thanks a lot @Anthony for the good news.
I looked in Updates/Upgrades settings of Plesk Panel, but there is no Plesk 17.9.11 Preview option for now. (I have early adopters activated in the bottom of the versions section. Perhaps it's possible only over CLI? I don't know.
Greets

Hi @webdiz

It would be extremely important to implement AutoDiscover (for Outlook) and AutoConfig (for Thunderbird) since this is a feature which is used by many customers.
Thank you for your request. We are tracking demand for this feature UserVoice and it one of the candidates to be delivered with next Plesk release version (I mean RTM, not preview).

Also, is there an ETA for Plesk 17.9?
There is no exact date for now. But I will keep you up to date and post in this thread when any info will be available.

It would be extremely important to implement AutoDiscover (for Outlook) and AutoConfig (for Thunderbird) since this is a feature which is used by many customers.
Well, people will be dissapointed when Autodiscover is finally implemented and they learn that you can't really use it to provision IMAP accounts with it ;)
(as it is not possible to specify the "INBOX" root folder path parameter with Autodiscover)

Btw. it's already very easy to setup a working AutoDiscover service with Plesk manually - at least with the SRV DNS record method.

Thanks a lot Plesk developers and team for implementing TLS 1.3 support by OpenSSL 1.1.1.
But I want to wait until a direct upgrade from 17.8.11 to 17.9 is possible without reinstalling fresh OS. (My last OS reinstall/upgrade to Ubuntu 18.04 LTS was already in Oct. 2018)
Therefor I activated "Early-Adopter-Version" in upgrade settings.
Ubuntu 18.04.2 is supporting OpenSSL 1.1.1 / TLS 1.3 now.
Or in other words, it would be also great to implement TLS 1.3 in 17.8.11

Last edited:
Thank you for your request. We are tracking demand for this feature UserVoice and it one of the candidates to be delivered with next Plesk release version (I mean RTM, not preview).

There is no exact date for now. But I will keep you up to date and post in this thread when any info will be available.
Thanks, @Anthony for your answer. I'm pleased that this feature will release soon.

Well, people will be dissapointed when Autodiscover is finally implemented and they learn that you can't really use it to provision IMAP accounts with it ;)
(as it is not possible to specify the "INBOX" root folder path parameter with Autodiscover)
Can you give me some more information about this problem? And yes, I know it's possible to set it up manually (I've done this). But it's not working 100% fine. Do you know why is works only for Office 2013 and older (more about my problem here: Autodiscover is working, but Outlook shows up an error).

Autodiscover works for us in any version of Outlook, up to latest 2019
But we use a POP3 configuration, because IMAP would require the users to still manually set the root folder path in the advanced configuration options of their mail profile.

our autodiscover.xml file looks like this
Code:
<?php
  $raw = file_get_contents('php://input');
  $matches = array();
  preg_match('/<EMailAddress>(.*)<\/EMailAddress>/', $raw, $matches);
  header('Content-Type: application/xml');
?>
<Autodiscover xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/autodiscover/responseschema/2006">
  <Response xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/autodiscover/outlook/responseschema/2006a">
    <Account>
      <AccountType>email</AccountType>
      <Action>settings</Action>
      <Protocol>
        <Type>POP3</Type>
        <Server><?php echo $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']; ?></Server>
        <Port>995</Port>
        <DomainRequired>off</DomainRequired>
        <SPA>off</SPA>
        <SSL>on</SSL>
        <AuthRequired>on</AuthRequired>
        <LoginName><?php echo $matches[1]; ?></LoginName>
      </Protocol>
      <Protocol>
      <Type>IMAP</Type>
        <Port>993</Port>
        <SPA>off</SPA>
        <SSL>on</SSL>
      </Protocol>
      <Protocol>
        <Type>SMTP</Type>
        <Port>587</Port>
        <SPA>off</SPA>
        <Encryption>tls</Encryption>
      </Protocol>
    </Account>
  </Response>
</Autodiscover>

• The Server parameter can be hardcoded to your (mail) server name. We do some dynamic building due to having several resellers using their own "whitelabel" domains. (all covered in a single multidomain SAN certificate)
  • To provision IMAP accounts, you could just swap the POP3 and IMAP "Type" configuration section (Outlook uses the first it finds) - but again, it will not work properly as Autodiscover does not know a parameter to specify the IMAP root folder path.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back