• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk Onyx Demo User

Maggew.com

New Pleskian
How do I setup a demo user so people can log into my Plesk Web Onyx control panel and explore without breaking anything? What do you recommend? May you please point me into the right direction?

I'm not sure about demo user, but functional Plesk limitations on demo servers are implemented as part of the main code, which is activated by a special demo parameter in the panel.ini config file:

[demo]
liveDemo = on

Usually it looks like an informational message "This functionality is not available in demo mode" when trying to perform a prohibited action in Plesk.

Thanks for the tip into right direction @IgorG

I'm exploring the docs right now, maybe they'll help me understand until I get reply from your organization -- Search results

---

Does this mean if I have a product setup for Plesk you wouldn't recommend enabling liveDemo?

---

Server Management > Extensions > Search "Panel.ini Editor" > Install / Enable > Panel.ini Editor > Editor > Paste "liveDemo = on" and save

wML24w0.png

IGRXUyY.png

When I log out and log back in, I don't see any extra options or anything to configure like a user / pass. Also, the settings didn't save. Write permissions you think?

TL5aOLA.png

Back