• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk Onyx Preview and FeedBack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from that, I saw, that you now offer "Ubuntu 16.04" for Plesk Onyx on "autoinstall.plesk.com" - mirrors ( as for example "ftp://ftp.hosteurope.de/mirror/autoinstall.plesk.com/PSA_17.0.14/dist-deb-Ubuntu-16.04-x86_64/" , not on the official Plesk "autoinstall.plesk.com" ), but not for Plesk 12.5.30. Am I assuming correctly, to expect an earlier Plesk Onyx Stable release, than the official support for Ubuntu 16.04 for Plesk version 12.5.30 ?

Ubuntu 16.04 is quite different from its predecessor, so porting it to Plesk 12.5 would be difficult. For that reason, we have no plans of introducing Ubuntu 16.04 support for Plesk 12.5. However, Plesk Onyx will fully support Ubuntu 16.04 x64.

The ability to secure the mail server with an SSL/TLS certificate was added to Plesk.
Where is this option?

It would be nice, if it is possible to generate all certificates with LetsEncrypt and not only for Webspace/Domain

This is realy strange. I didn't have this option.

OS ‪Debian 8.5‬
Product Plesk Onyx
Version 17.0.14
The system is up-to-date. Checked at July 21, 2016 06:39 AM.

Attachments

• plesk_ssl.png
    plesk_ssl.png
    44.4 KB · Views: 10
Hi Lacoii,

Long story short, this feature will be in the next Plesk Onyx preview (17.0.15), but it's not available yet. Our bad, sorry! The changelog on docs.plesk.com was updated to reflect this.

Thank you. No Problem :)

Is it maybe possible to use / generate the certificate with Lets Encrypt? That would be awesome

Is it maybe possible to use / generate the certificate with Lets Encrypt? That would be awesome

You'll be able to select a certificate from any domain on the server for securing the mail server -- so you can create mail.yourdomain.com, use Let's Encrypt to generate a certificate for this domain, and then secure the mail server with this certificate.

I'm a bit surprised, that this issue is still existent:

START psa-phpmyadmin-4.6.1-ubuntu14.04.build1700160627.14 upgrading (deb action: configure) AT Fri Jul 22 15:42:24 VET 2016
===> Installing phpMyAdmin
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
Trying to create pmadb... ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

WARNING!
Some problems are found during create pmadb(see log file: /var/log/plesk/install/plesk_17.0.14_installation.log)

Continue...

WARNING!
Some problems are found during create pmadb(see log file: /var/log/plesk/install/plesk_17.0.14_installation.log)

This issue exists, since I use the Plesk-provided-phpMyAdmin-package, I think and I am each time suprised, that the Plesk autoinstaller uses "root" instead of "admin" in the script... :rolleyes:

I'm a bit surprised, that this issue is still existent:

This issue exists, since I use the Plesk-provided-phpMyAdmin-package, I think and I am each time suprised, that the Plesk autoinstaller uses "root" instead of "admin" in the script... :rolleyes:

Hi Uwe,

Looks like this is caused by MySQL authorization screw up -- is there something weird in your /root/.my.cnf or a wrong password in /etc/psa/.psa.shadow?

Hi custer,

no... there are no other issues/problems...and I don't even have an additional "/root/.my.cnf" on servers, where I experienced this problem. This problem is existent a very, very, very long time now for phpMyAdmin and somewhere in the installation routine "root" is used, instead of "admin". Would be nice, if you would find and replace the wrong code. ;)

Dear community,

i just installed the latest release of Plesk Onyx. After installing and configuring i tried to generate a CSR code. The following error appears:

Fehler: Die Zertifikatsignieranforderung kann nicht erstellt werden: openssl failed:

Before i activated http/2 and applied the PCI configuration (http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PP11/11.0/Doc/en-US/online/plesk-pci-compliance-guide/ )

It seems something broken on the OpenSSL package.

Can someone help me to fix it?

Answer after checking "openssl -v":

openssl: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: version `OPENSSL_1.0.1s' not found (required by openssl)

Thank´s and regards.

Well OK, but this is a fresh installation on a Debian system and Plesk Onyx was shown as compatible with wheezy.

Btw: i just reinstalled Plesk Onyx with the default settingsm but the same error occurs:
Error: Unable to create a CSR: openssl failed:

Hi markusoswald,

pls. be aware, that Plesk doesn't install your "openssl" - package on your server, either you did, or the template ( image - file ) you used to create the server did that. ;)

Plesk provide an SSL-tool but didn´t install the requiered OpenSSL package?

Finally, i have the latest OpenSSL version which is not compatible with the latest release of Debian and this is the cause of this error.

I don´t know how to downgrade OpenSSL.

This is weird.

Hi markusoswald,

Plesk provide an SSL-tool but didn´t install the requiered OpenSSL package?
nope, this "tool" is part of your installed software package(s) on your server - have a look at

openssl -v
and
apt-cache policy openssl

Consider to use

apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade

... to upgrade your server with the latest updates/upgrades.

If you only would like to upgrade specific packages ( in your case "openssl" ), you would use:

apt-get update
apt-get install --only-upgrade openssl
apt-get install --only-upgrade libssl1.0.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back