• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk Onyx Preview and FeedBack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today i tried the preview on RHEL7 Systems (MU14)

First of all, this looks really promising, you did a great job. Most of things just work out of the box and it's not comparable to the awful "Parallells experience"

But still we facing some major issues:
- Installer does not work when the system is using rhn/satelite. We can work around that, but still most professional RHEL7 enviroments using satelite.
- The setup messes around with /etc/pam.d and sssd config without asking or loosing any word in the documentation about it. With a non standard configuration its not even possible to log in with local users neigther with ldap ones after setup. This is an absolute NO-GO in professional enviroments and a really big issue for us and our customers . Can the plesk team give us some support for that?

There are some more mirror issues but those above are really stopping us:
- Not possible to install docker component
- Not possible to install git component
- Setup should add an option to choose default install directories like /var/www/vhosts
- Setup should be able to delete text with backspace
- Setup sometimes show MU#15, but if i select, it fails with "no such release". This may be because of the new release today.

Also it would be nice to have a bit more specific eta than just "around the middle of autumn"

Thans for your answers..

A little update about the pam.d-Issue caused by plesk-installer:

Plesk changes a lot of files in /etc/pam.d/*, and creates a backup in the same directory. The following issues make it impossible to login with local users:

- It removes symlink from /etc/pam.d/system-auth to /etc/pam.d/system-auth-ac, and the same for password-auth & passwort-auth-ac. Plesk just copies the files as regular ones.

- In the file /etc/pam.d/system-auth-ac it changes the line:
Code:
auth        [success=done ignore=ignore default=die] pam_unix.so nullok try_first_pass
to
Code:
auth [new_authtok_reqd=1 success=1 default=ignore] pam_unix.so nullok try_first_pass
which makes it impossible for local users to login. The correct line should be:
Code:
auth        [new_authtok_reqd=1 success=done default=die] pam_unix.so nullok try_first_pass

the problem is the setting sucess=1 which causes pam to try on pam_plesk.so even if the passwort auth was sucessful. It should be success=done.

Other issues i've found:

- The button "Add domain alias" is missing in the customer panel. It's only visible when logged in as admin in power user view. This can be reproduced if creating an new subscription with the "Default Domain" template and logging in with the customer account
- There should be an option to complete hide or turn off DNS for a Subscription template.

It would be nice if this was fixed in the final release.

Hi all,
i had installed last version of Plesk Onyx on my server.
Now when try to enter in service management i receive this error:
Internal error: collectdmng failed:
Message collectdmng failed:
File Agent.php
Line 216
Type PleskUtilException

Anyone know how can i resolve this problem?
Thanks for help!
Bye
Giuseppe

Hello Guys,
we have a problem with the "Ruby Manager 1.0 53" Extension.

Subscription view URL > :8443/smb/web/view

ERROR: Call to undefined method pm_Domain::getSetting() (Application.php:185)

Search for related Knowledge Base articles

If the extension not install, works the Subscription view.

ErrorLog:
Code:
PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method pm_Domain::getSetting() in /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/module
s/ruby/library/Entity/Application.php on line 185

Betriebssystem ‪CentOS Linux 7.2.1511 (Core)
Product Plesk Onyx Plesk 17.0.14 15. Aug. 2016

Why make you not a Thread for Plesk 17 Onyx ???

Thank you for all your Work und Support

Is there any chance to "test" the migration manager?
My problem is that I switch to a new Server at the end of september. And i don't want to install plesk12.5 an migrate 1 or 2 month later to plesk 17.

EDIT:
I'm missing the following packages:
plesk-py27-dnspython
plesk-py27-ecdsa
plesk-py27-paramiko
plesk-py27-psycopg2
plesk-py27-pyasn1
plesk-py27-pycrypto
plesk-py27-pysmb
plesk-py27-pyyaml

i had installed last version of Plesk Onyx on my server.
Now when try to enter in service management i receive this error:
Internal error: collectdmng failed:
Anyone know how can i resolve this problem?
Try to uninstall "Resource controller" component (Tools & Settings -> Updates and Upgrades -> Add/Remove Components).
Alternatively you can log into servers via SSH (under root user) and do the following:
plesk sbin resctrl --disable

Last edited:
Hello

BUG REPORT.

I wanted to test Plesk 17 because of the Docker manager.
I've been able to run my containers (manually) mongo + Rocket.Chat, and it's working out of the box.

However, I wanted to fine tune it by assigning a domain to the rocket.chat running container and proxy it from port 3000 -> 80 with nginx.
I've defined a proxy rule on the container but it doesn't seem to change anything, my app is still on port 3000.
Anything I missed?

Last edited:
but when coming 17.0.15 ....... ;) when the times comes ...... OK ( Patience OR ?? )

Pls. use:

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --all-versions
... and you will see:
Code:
1. [*] Plesk
  2. (*) Plesk Onyx 17.0.15 (testing) (currently installed)

... that Plesk Onyx 17.0.15 has already been released nearly a week ago. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
BUG report - I did upgrade from Plesk v12.5 to Plesk Onyx 17.0.15 and Apache and NGNIX are NOT working

The problem is that APACHE is NOT starting, if you reboot server (restart) apache will NOT load!!!

I have to do "service apache2 restart" and afterwards it is working for some time, but after server restart it is not working anymore.

Unable to generate the web server configuration file on the host <my-domain.com> because of the following errors:

Template_Exception: Can not restart web server:
file: /opt/psa/admin/plib/Service/Driver/Web/Server/Apache.php
line: 108
code: 0

Please resolve the errors in web server configuration templates and generate the file again.

similar error is described here: https://kb.plesk.com/en/128115

Cause

The apache_control_adapter utility monitors a wrong pid-file. This issue has been considered as software issue #PPPM-3904 and will be fixed in future Plesk updates.
Resolution

Change apache PID file location in /etc/apache2/envvars to make utility /opt/psa/admin/bin/apache_control_adapter work properly:

# grep -i pid /etc/apache2/envvars
export APACHE_PID_FILE=/var/run/apache2.pid

Restart apache.

Note: This error may appear on Plesk upgrade to 12.5 or OS dist-upgrade.

I have tried changing value in envvars but it doesn't work

I have tried running /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all but it doesn't help

please advise how to fix this?

Onyx is step into the right direction, compared to 12.5

Last edited:
DNSSEC - bug report

what is considered as official Plesk way to do DNSSEC ?

16 August 2016
Plesk Onyx 17.0.15
DNSSEC support was added to Plesk.

19 July 2016
Plesk Onyx 17.0.14
The “DNSSEC Support” Plesk extension was published.

I have tried to install: DNSSEC Manager 1.1
This extension enables you to protect DNS data with Domain Name System Security Extensions.

but here is error I get (Ubuntu 64bit 12.04)

Error: Failed to install the extension:
Execution of /opt/psa/tmp/moduleWiR13f/plib/scripts/pre-install.php failed with exit code 1 and the output:
DNSSEC not supported on this operation system.

Hi,

Another Onyx preview was released recently. Among major changes are Node.js support, securing mail server with an SSL/TLS cert, DKIM and SRS support.

Full changelog:

Plesk Onyx 17.0.15
  • SRS support was added to Plesk.
  • DKIM support was added to Plesk.
  • Node.js support was added to Plesk.
  • The support for notifications about reaching cgroup limits was added to Plesk.
  • The ability to secure the Plesk mail server with an SSL/TLS certificate was added to Plesk.
  • The ability to manage basic Rake tasks was added to Plesk.
  • Certain extension data is now automatically included in server level backups for all Plesk extensions.
  • The ability to manage email notifications was added to the Plesk SDK.
  • The ability to enable and disable extensions was added to the Plesk SDK.
  • The ability to add promotional blurbs about extensions on the “Websites & Domains” screen was added to the Plesk SDK.
  • The support for the Catalan language was added to Plesk.
  • Passenger 5.0.30 is now supported.
  • The ability to generate a one-time URL for logging in was added to Plesk.
  • PHP 5.5 was updated to version 5.5.38.
  • PHP 5.6 was updated to version 5.6.24.
  • PHP 7.0 was updated to version 7.0.9.
  • Horde was updated to version 6.2.15.
  • Roundcube was updated to version 1.2.1.
  • The “Let’s Encrypt” extension is now included in the “typical” Plesk distribution.
  • The “Security Advisor” extension is now included in the “typical” Plesk distribution.
  • The “DrWeb” component was removed from the “typical” Plesk distribution.
  • The “Without DNS server” Plesk installation preset was removed.
  • The “WordPress Toolkit” component was added to the list of components available in Plesk Installer.
  • Deleting a customer account now results in all backups belonging to that account being deleted as well.
  • Plesk copyright information was moved to the “Tools&Settings” > “About Plesk” screen.
  • Plesk EULA was moved to the “Tools&Settings” > “About Plesk” screen.
  • Starting with Plesk Onyx, Plesk will no longer provide Virtuozzo for Windows templates.
  • The ability to integrate with the Customer and Business Manager was removed.
  • The “SSH terminal” feature was removed.
  • Web Presence Builder was rebranded in accordance with the Plesk brand.
  • Plesk backup performance was improved.
  • The ability to perform a direct upgrade to Plesk Onyx from Plesk 10.4 and earlier was removed.
  • The ability to restore backups created in Plesk 10.4 and earlier in Plesk Onyx was removed.
  • The ability to install Plesk on 32-bit OSes was removed.
  • Internet Explorer 10 and earlier are no longer supported.
  • In WordPress Toolkit, activating or updating multiple plugins or themes at once resulted in an error. (PPP-19320)
  • Plesk users could have been affected by the HTTPoxy vulnerability (CVE-2016-5385, CVE-2016-5386, CVE-2016-5387, CVE-2016-5388, CVE-2016-1000109, and CVE-2016-1000110). See KB article #129391 for more information. (PPP-24691, PPP-24825)
  • Customer passwords contained in Plesk backups created via a scheduled task and saved to the FTP repository were encrypted even if the “Use password protection” option was disabled. (PPP-24917)
  • OBAS failed to validate XML responses from Plesk nodes if ModSecurity was enabled and the “Atomic ModSecurity (subscription)” ruleset was in effect. (PPP-24743)
  • Trying to scan for WordPress installations stopped certain operations in Plesk from working properly. (PPP-24493)
  • Changing password for the system user of a suspended domain belonging to an active subscription made FTP and SSH access to the domain under that system user impossible. (PPP-21960)
  • Using WordPress Toolkit to update plugins installed on a WordPress installation resulted in an error if the plugin was not installed on all WordPress installations. (PPP-22657)
Linux
  • The “perl-apache-asp” component is no longer supported.
  • Plesk could not be installed on Debian 8 servers if the “Ruby support” component was selected for installation. (PPP-24954)
  • The SPF record included in the default Plesk DNS template contained a syntax error. (PPP-24787)
  • The ‘access_log.processed’ file located in the home directory of Plesk domains was not rotated. (PPP-24723)
  • Proxmox LXC was not detected as a VM environment. (PPP-25201)
  • The default PHP “open_basedir” value was missing from the configuration files. (PPP-24914)
  • Under specific conditions, the list of server components could become empty. (PPP-25135)
  • Trying to create a customer belonging to a reseller in Plesk resulted in the “The plan was not applied: Hosting performance settings management” error. (PPP-24525)
Windows
  • Microsoft SQL Server 2016 is now supported.
  • Microsoft SQL Server 2012 SP3 is now included in the Plesk for Windows distribution.
  • Web Deploy 3.6 is now included in the Plesk for Windows distribution.
  • Bind was updated to version 9.10.4-P2.
  • Mysql ODBC connector was updated to version 5.3.
  • MySQL used for the Plesk database was updated to version 5.5.50.
  • MySQL used for customer databases was updated to version 5.6.32.
  • Tomcat was updated to version 7.0.70.
  • Tomcat connector was updated to version 1.2.41.
  • ModSecurity was updated to version 2.9.1.
  • ModSecurity ruleset files were updated to version 2.2.9-30-g520a94b.
  • phpMyAdmin was updated to version 4.6.3.
  • AWStats was updated to version 7.5.
  • Web statistics calculation could fail if the log files contained lines longer than 4096 symbols. (PPP-24688)
  • Maximum bandwidth in service plan settings could not exceed 31 MB/s. (PPP-24276)
  • Vhost location could not be changed for domains whose IIS configuration files contained duplicate entries in the section. (PPP-25102)
  • Mobile Preview failed to display websites created in Web Presence Builder. (PPP-18938)

Let us know what you think!

Just to show you the issue with Docker proxy rules.
Also, the let's encrypt certificates doesn't work with containers.

DCoMy4.png

Hello

BUG REPORT.

I wanted to test Plesk 17 because of the Docker manager.
I've been able to run my containers (manually) mongo + Rocket.Chat, and it's working out of the box.

However, I wanted to fine tune it by assigning a domain to the rocket.chat running container and proxy it from port 3000 -> 80 with nginx.
I've defined a proxy rule on the container but it doesn't seem to change anything, my app is still on port 3000.
Anything I missed?

Hi Tigzy,

Thanks for reporting this. We know about this issue and we'd like to address it in Plesk Onyx. Meanwhile, we suggest you to disable nginx proxy mode to enable your scenario. To disable the proxy mode for nginx, go to Apache & nginx Settings on a domain and deselect the Proxy mode option under nxing settings group.

This will also help you with your Let's Encrypt issue - disable the proxy mode, set up the certificate, then enable the proxy mode back, if needed, and it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back