• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Plesk Pro to Plesk Pro migration problem: Error creating migration dump

Sergey K.

Basic Pleskian
Hello, community!

Couldn't find such problem in Plesk database.
Migration from PreskPro to Plesk Pro.
I did it with the same server without problem before.
Today, I've got following error:
===========
Failed to perform action: Fetch data from source PPCPL
Cause: Error creating migration dump: Command execution failed on the source server 'ppcpl' (My ip here) with non-zero exit code.
command: cd /root/plesk_migrator/plesk_migrator-adhph657ilj3jczjuw3o8dfin4n25q1n/pmm_agent; /usr/bin/perl PPCPL.pl --dump-all --configuration-only --server -v 5 > dump.log 2>&1
exit code: 2
stdout:
stderr:
That is a critical error, migration was stopped.
============
I tried to investigate such path -nothing was created - screen - Screenshot

Could you advise, how to fix such problem?

Do you have more details in migration agent log file located in /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/<session-date>/pmm-agent.<session-date>/configuration-dump.log ?

Plesk Migrator version - 2.21.2-1006 Screenshot

The same version of Plesk for 2 servers -
OS = CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)
Product = Plesk Obsidian
Version 18.0.38 Update #2, last updated on Sept 15, 2021 03:38 AM

one difference with Os only:
Source server = OS = CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)
Target = CentOS Linux 8.4.2105

The same version of Plesk for 2 servers -
OS = CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)
Product = Plesk Obsidian
Version 18.0.38 Update #2, last updated on Sept 15, 2021 03:38 AM
In this case, why do you choose "Pro Control Panel" as a Plan type instead of "Plesk for Linux" for new migration?

Oops, my fault :)
You are right :)
I changed to Plesk Linux - migration started without problem.
The problem was that I selected "Pro Control Panel" because I've got 2 Plesk Pro licenses on my servers :)
screenshot - Screenshot
What's the root of problem.

Thanks again for your time and advices, Igor.

Back