• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Quota Question

cmaxwell

Regular Pleskian
If we enable the disk quota option in Plesk (and assuming the file system has quotas enabled), should this limit the disk space that can be used by a domain even for files created by the 'apache' user?

We've been testing this internally and it only seems to limit space for the domain's user account but not for files owned by 'apache' so i'm wondering if our configuration is wrong or if this is expected.

Thanks,
Chris

Thanks for your response.

So as I understand it, the only way to fully limit disk usage would be to ensure that all files created on a domain are owned by the domain's user account and not apache? This would mean disabling mod_perl, mod_python and mod_php so that all scripts such as CGI/Perl and PHP run as the domain user (and therefore any files created by those scripts are also owned by the domain user).

Hello Maxwell,
Unfortunately Yes!

Though this is NOT good. Plesk should instead find the df -h /var/www/vhosts/domain.com instead (inclusive of the log files), perhaps make it optional ..

@IgorG your views ...

Yes - it's the same question.

Has Parallels thought about any solutions to this in Plesk? If the customer can run files as 'apache' (eg using mod_php, mod_perl or mod_python) then as a service provider we have no way to limit how many files the customer can create. They could fill up the entire disk before the next time the daily statistics process runs which is a major concern for us.

The only immediate solution that I see is to disable mod_php, mod_perl or mod_python so that all processes run as the domain user.

Back