• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk Server DIES while Storage Full....

daanse

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

our System:
Plesk Onyx Version 17.8.11 Update #18

we today had a Backup Job which failed and (mistakenly) got stored in Server.
But Server had not enough Storage and the End of Story was:

• Juggernaute Firewall stopped completely working @danami (really Strange behaviour in Plesk, see Screenshot)
  • Backup Manager showed some creepy Backups and lots of warnings and just **** (poorly no Screenshots of that)
  • Server was slow
  • IMAP stopped working at all (even with Email Storages mounted as NFS, so that shouldn't be a Problem)
I didn't looked anymore on this, and immediately deleted the temp Content of dumps Folder...
Then everything got working again and ALSO Backup Manager with recent Backups showed normal again, without every backup warning Icon.

This was really strange.

That at my opinion should not happen. If backup just fails its better than destroying whole Server / Services...

Anything which can be approved here?

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2018-09-03 um 07.04.40.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-09-03 um 07.04.40.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 6
Just for my interesst, what are you settings in Plesk Panel > Tools & Settings > Backup Manger > Backup Settings

for
Start the backup only if your server has the specified amount of free disk space (in megabytes) & Start the backup only if your server has the sufficient amount of free disk space (this option may significantly increase the backup time)

its not checked to have fast Backup.
Yes but here I mistakenly had Server Storage Backup (if external fails) turned on. That was my fault.
But any Warning with this constellation - that Server will theoretically DIE would have been good ^^

Back