• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk & Smartermail on differnet servers

TomaM

New Pleskian
Hi
We are planning a platform for web and email hosting. We would like to separate the hosting services from the mail services on two different machines. We would like to have Plesk and websites running on the first windows server, (Windows 2008 R2 Web) and Smartermail running on the second windows server (also Win 2008 r2), but still to have integration between the products, meaning when we create a domain in Plesk to have the domain also created in Smartermail, etc.
We have two questions:
1. IT is possible in the configuration described above, with separate machines
2. If yes, are there any restrictions regarding Windows/Plesk/Smartermail versions, or licensing issues?
Thank you
Marius Toma

Unfortunately Plesk cannot manage remote Mail server yet.

Hi,

We can provide you the script which will create the domain on smartermail as soon as you create any domain on plesk. Also It will delete or suspend the domain on smartermail as soon as the action has been performed on plesk domain.

contact me [email protected]

Thanks,
Rakesh

Why is this not an option as of yet? Last I checked not many people would like to run them on the same server.

Is it possible to run Plesk 10.4.4 on 1 server, and SmarterMail on a different server? We currently have SmarterMail on it's own server and DotNetPanel on another using it remotely. However, we are wanting to move from DotNetPanel for more corporate supported solution like Plesk which is updated more frequently. I can't figure out how to have Plesk tie into the remote SmarterMail server.

I like to separate my services, such as a server for SmarterMail, MsSQL, MySQL, etc. Can Plesk not do this?

Does anyone know if it's possible to have SmarterMail and Plesk on different servers? I find it kind of odd putting everything on 1 server.

Plesk isn't capable of doing that out-of-box like IgorG said.
If you want to have SmarterMail on separate box you need to play with Events and create scripts for different events which will create, delete, modify domain/user on SmarterMail box.

Go through post and you will find that "Dristi Technologies" offered help with already finished scripts, try to contact him.
Or you can develop that by yourself.

MSSQL/MySQL can be placed on separate box.

Interesting, so this product will be completely different than Plesk, but have all the same features including remote servers? Is there a release date posted somewhere about this new software? VERY INTERESTED! There seems to be no good solution for windows control panels to support remote servers, ever since Enkompass threw in the towel.

Wow...just looked into this Parallels Plesk Automation even further. They set the standard extremely high, i'm considering removing cpanel servers in place with this Plesk Automation software. You can manage all your windows/unix nodes from a single panel and create plans that can share some other node features, like email? This is an unbelievable exciting product...

Back