• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk WHMCS Bugs - unresolved

cyberhostpro

Basic Pleskian
Plesk Team

I need some answers to bugs I've reported in the past

Bug 1) #PPPM-4473 < Incorrect disk space reported to WHMCS on reseller accounts, total space used in WHMCS only calculates the customers subscription and not include all sub-customers spaces.

bug2) I cant find the ticket I had opened sometime ago. I will explain

When a customer is created in our WHMCS, the client profile it looks like this:

WHMCS_URL/admin/clientsservices.php?userid=2

so this user ID is 2, if this user is created in Plesk and in the plesk db it is allocated external ID whmcs_2

<external-id>whmcs_plesk_2</external-id> (from WHMCS Log)

however if our reseller also has WHMCS, his customer is also

RESELLER_WHMCS_URL/admin/clientsservices.php?userid=2

his users WHMCS account can not be created and gives error:

"Error code: 1007. Error message: Customer with such external id already exist" (from WHMCS log)

This needs fixing in the WHMCS module!

I think the best fix would be to change external ID to ADMIN_USERNAME_ID

for example in WHMCS on Setup > Products/Servers > servers > Plesk

I use username my username ADMIN my reseller in his WHMCS server settings uses his plesk username RESELLER102

so for my customers I create it should use external ID ADMIN_2 and the resellers username RESELLER102_2

can you confirm you understand bug 2 and what you are going to do to fix it as right now resellers are complaining they can not create customers in WHMCS because of this bug.

p.s the reason I am reporting this to you is WHMCS say you developed the module and not them.

@cyberhostpro

I have question about bug #2.
There are a two instances of WHMCS with our module and they both connected to the same Plesk. Am i right?

Last edited:
Hi Chris,

Regarding bug 1: it's on our "to fix" list, but it's not a high-priority item, so it might take us some time to get to it and fix it.

Regarding bug 2: the scenario you describe looks valid, but it isn't currently supported by our WHMCS module. We've added this scenario to our "to do" list, its delivery date will depend on how popular this scenario will be.

Thanks for letting us know!

Hi

This is why we have hundreds of cPanel servers and just 10-20 plesk as you don't take seriously issues like this! If you think it's only suitable for 1 login to have whmcs and all other resellers can't.. Your wrong!

Can I get th source code to the whmcs module and I'll fix it myself

Chris, we are taking these issues seriously (if we weren't, we wouldn't be researching and filing them). Please note that it's not a question of seriousness, it's a question of priorities -- our resources are limited and we cannot do everything at once, especially now when we're focusing most of our resources on Plesk Onyx release. Since this is a problem that has been reported by a single person (you), we are currently assuming that it's less widespread than some other known problems with our WHMCS module, which were reported by multiple people. So our plan is to fix the more widespread issues first, then get to the issues that you've reported. We will fix them, just not immediately. Meanwhile, if you find any other problems, please let us know, so we can research and prioritize them accordingly. Thank you for understanding.

Custer

I am happy to fix the WHMCS module for you I have my own module! If you want to get my Plesk/Parallels account manager to contact me to sign anything I can do (ie NDA) then once I get WHMCS module source i'll fix the code and send it back to you.

Custer

any news on this? we have another similar issue

one of our customers wants to setup multiple Plesk accounts. He signs up for another hosting plan on our website and it wont create the account again because the external ID

<external-id>whmcs_plesk_1747</external-id>

already has an account in Plesk! this too needs fixing so a user can signup for multiple products.

Hi Chris,

Actually, we do have some good news for you -- we're planning to look into both issues and fix them in the nearest future. As for the new bug you've mentioned above, we'll take a look into it as well.

@cyberhostpro,

Hello, we will fix issue #2 in the following way:

- all existed whmcs customers (who using plesk module) has prefix 'plesk_whmcs_{$whmcs_user_id}'. It will not be changed. They will continue to use these external ids to integrate with Plesk
- all new users (which weren't provisioned to a some Plesk) will have extenal id = whmcs customer's uid. It is unique, so the configuration "one Plesk / few WHMCS" will be supported.

Any news on this ? I also have "Error code: 1007. Error message: Customer with such external id already exist". And I cannot find the patch or how to fix this.

Thank you.

Hi Chris,

There are some legal-related issues that prevent us from releasing the updated version of our WHMCS plugin. We're discussing these issues with WHMCS team right now. As soon as that's done, we'll release the updated plugin. It might take a couple of weeks, unfortunately. :(

Hi Chris,

There are some legal-related issues that prevent us from releasing the updated version of our WHMCS plugin. We're discussing these issues with WHMCS team right now. As soon as that's done, we'll release the updated plugin. It might take a couple of weeks, unfortunately. :(

Hello

its been a few months since you posted this, can I get an update on where I can download this module update?

Hello

its been a few months since you posted this, can I get an update on where I can download this module update?

Hi Chris,

Sure. We've resolved all issues and sent the updated module to WHMCS team for inclusion in WHMCS distribution. We expect to hear from them soon. Will keep you guys posted.

HI

I am still having an issue related to bug PPPM-4473

Example:

CLIENT A has a Reseller Plan with 30GB of Space.

Plesk shows he is currently using 16279.5 MB used of 30 GB

in WHMCS it shows:

Disk Usage: 23 MB, Disk Limit: 5120 MB, 0% Used ::

Issue 1) Disk usage is 16GB not 23mb
Issue 2) Disk Limit is 30GB and not 5GB

the correct package is selected and the settings in WHMCS refer to the correct reseller plan.

I am using WHMCS 7.0.1 and Plesk Onyx with all updates.

Back