• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk won't start following 10.2 upgrade

I just tried this and I'm getting "error: package sw-sso-2.5-10121014 is not installed".

Does anyone has a link to the package so I can install it?

I have also tried the repair, but I'm getting similar results to above posts.

After doing the repair attempt, I can't access my domains now, although the files are still there. What happened?

problems are different to gather but go to the previous post such as autoinstall and repair maybe find solution .
some of users used this command and get result.

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --install-system-only --select-release-latest

And some of them used :

/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp10.11.0-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair

But anyway in my idea as parallel support is so week I want to change my control panel after about 10 days that I opened a ticket for support sometimes they send me an emails

Your order for "Parallels Desktop Support Chat Package English (1-incident)" (order number ******) has been received and is being verified by our team. Your order will most likely be processed within the next 4 hours, but in no case will it take more than 24 hours.

This email send me like spam every day .

I was able to get Plesk to start by using the link suggested: http://www.how2forge.info/starting-plesk-failed-after-update-to-plesk-10-2-0/

However the Browser just gives "Unable to connect"

This is from the error_log:

Cannot find config item ["global/SERVERsocket==:8443", ".php", 0]
2011-05-18 00:48:26: (mod_fastcgi.c.1000) the fastcgi-backend /usr/bin/sw-engine-cgi -c /opt/psa/admin/conf/php.ini -d auto_prepend_file=auth.php3 -u psaadm failed to start:
2011-05-18 00:48:26: (mod_fastcgi.c.1004) child exited with status 1 /usr/bin/sw-engine-cgi -c /opt/psa/admin/conf/php.ini -d auto_prepend_file=auth.php3 -u psaadm
2011-05-18 00:48:26: (mod_fastcgi.c.1007) if you try do run PHP as FastCGI backend make sure you use the FastCGI enabled version.
You can find out if it is the right one by executing 'php -v' and it should display '(cgi-fcgi)' in the output, NOT (cgi) NOR (cli)
For more information check http://www.lighttpd.net/documentation/fastcgi.html#preparing-php-as-a-fastcgi-program
2011-05-18 00:48:26: (mod_fastcgi.c.1012) If this is PHP on Gentoo add fastcgi to the USE flags
2011-05-18 00:48:26: (mod_fastcgi.c.1105) [ERROR]: spawning fcgi failed.
2011-05-18 01:28:00: (server.c.1382) unlink failed for: /var/run/sw-cp-server.pid 2 No such file or directory
2011-05-18 01:28:00: (log.c.135) server stopped
2011-05-18 01:04:29: (log.c.75) server started
2011-05-18 01:04:29: (mod_fastcgi.c.1337) Dynamic spawning with max_procs > 1 is not supported; setting min_procs = max_procs
2011-05-18 01:04:29: (mod_fastcgi.c.1337) Dynamic spawning with max_procs > 1 is not supported; setting min_procs = max_procs
2011-05-18 01:07:46: (log.c.135) server stopped
2011-05-19 11:03:43: (log.c.75) server started
2011-05-19 11:03:43: (mod_fastcgi.c.1337) Dynamic spawning with max_procs > 1 is not supported; setting min_procs = max_procs
2011-05-19 11:03:43: (mod_fastcgi.c.1337) Dynamic spawning with max_procs > 1 is not supported; setting min_procs = max_procs

TIA!

Plesk is working again! I will share the steps I did but take with warning that I had no idea what i was doing. lol. Just lots of forum reading.

1. Steps listed here: http://www.how2forge.info/starting-plesk-failed-after-update-to-plesk-10-2-0/

That removed the errors below from plesk_log:
Cannot find config item ["global/SERVERsocket==:8443", ".php", 0]
2011-05-18 00:48:26: (mod_fastcgi.c.1000) the fastcgi-backend /usr/bin/sw-engine-cgi -c /opt/psa/admin/conf/php.ini -d auto_prepend_file=auth.php3 -u psaadm failed to start:
2011-05-18 00:48:26: (mod_fastcgi.c.1004) child exited with status 1 /usr/bin/sw-engine-cgi -c /opt/psa/admin/conf/php.ini -d auto_prepend_file=auth.php3 -u psaadm
2011-05-18 00:48:26: (mod_fastcgi.c.1007) if you try do run PHP as FastCGI backend make sure you use the FastCGI enabled version.
You can find out if it is the right one by executing 'php -v' and it should display '(cgi-fcgi)' in the output, NOT (cgi) NOR (cli)
For more information check http://www.lighttpd.net/documentatio...astcgi-program
2011-05-18 00:48:26: (mod_fastcgi.c.1012) If this is PHP on Gentoo add fastcgi to the USE flags
2011-05-18 00:48:26: (mod_fastcgi.c.1105) [ERROR]: spawning fcgi failed.
2011-05-18 01:28:00: (server.c.1382) unlink failed for: /var/run/sw-cp-server.pid 2 No such file or directory

2. Then applied the Hotfix from here: http://kb.odin.com/en/6875

Then for Ubuntu server to restart:
/etc/init.d/sw-cp-server restart

That removed the below from the error log:

3. The web interface now would not start and all the sites went down. I then ran the below:

cd /opt/psa/admin/sbin/
./autoinstaller --select-release-id PLESK_9_5_4 --upgrade-installed-components
Replace (PLESK_9_5_4) with the version you want to upgrade to.

4 This upgraded everything but I was getting the error below:

* Starting web server apache2
apache2: Syntax error on line 295 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax error on line 6 of /etc/apache2/conf.d/zzz_atmail_vhost.conf: Include directory '/etc/psa-webmail/atmail/conf.d' not found
...fail!

I searched and the conf.d file for atmail was not on the server in any directory. Many people have found it in /etc/psa/webmail/atmail/conf.d. if so copy it to the correct location.

I then attempted to reinstall using the autoinstaller:
./autoinstaller --select-release-id PLESK_9_5_4 --install-component atmail

Next start apache: /etc/init.d/apache2 start

So now my sites are back up and the web interface for plesk is back up. Only thing left is Webmail and Qmail. Sigh.

Also

======================

# rpm -qf /etc/sw-cp-server/applications.d/00-sso-cpserver.conf
sw-sso-2.6-11033111
# rpm -qf /etc/sw-cp-server/applications.d/sso-cpserver.conf
sw-sso-2.5-10121014

======================

I have removed sw-sso-2.5-10121014:

======================
# rpm -e sw-sso-2.5-10121014

======================

After these actions psa service was successfully started.

======================

# /etc/init.d/sw-cp-server start

fixed my problem after a failed upgrade of plesk.

Seriously Plesk, i administer about 200 servers with Plesk Control Panel and every time i have to fix something or upgrade your panel i begin to pray that thinks wont go bad.

90% of the time THERE ARE PROBLEMS, which means downtime, witch means more plesk forum / google reading for solutions, which means upset clients, which means LOOSING MONEY!.

Doesn't this looks like INCOMPETENCE from your side? Do you ever test things before releasing them or you just actualy release them and wait for our feedback?

I have to agree with the last poster - every single time I've done upgrades since Parallels purchased SWSoft I have had to spent at least two days screwing around with fixing all the problems. I've worked with Fedora, Ubuntu, and Debian, and no matter what I always end up sifting through google and forums looking for answers.

It also bugs me that every time I go to make changes to hosting nothing is where it used to be. The panel has undergone so many changes it looks absolutely nothing like the 7.5.4 Unleashed I originally started with.

First problem - can't get updates to run. Solution - update the firewall to permit traffic to port 8447.
Ok, updates now run. Never had to open that port before but an easy fix.
After the updates - now can't get the panel to load.
Ok, found the solution about renaming the 00-sso-cpserver.conf
# cd /etc/sw-cp-server/applications.d
# mv 00-sso-cpserver.conf 00-sso-cpserver.conf.bak
Yup, that works, can get back into the panel now.

Then there's errors with the SQLITE DB version - can't downgrade from 8 to 7
I thought I'd be clever and just update the schema version from 8 to 7 in the sso.db (var/lib/sso/sso.db)
Great! EVERYTHING works again! The update to 10.2 is underway...
But, still stuck on an older version - upgrade to 10.3.1 as recommended...

New issue - can't find packagemgr and find that yet again the sbin/wrapper is set to not execute
chmod +x ../sbin/wrapper

Back in business, Panel loads... but wait, still showing 10.1.1!
Huh.

And now I'm stuck.

dpkg: psa-mail-pc-driver: dependency problems, but removing anyway as you request:
plesk-core depends on psa-mail-driver; however:
Package psa-mail-driver is not installed.
Package psa-mail-pc-driver which provides psa-mail-driver is to be removed.
(Reading database ... 315947 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing psa-mail-pc-driver ...
Trying to remove /usr/lib/plesk-9.0/postfix-poplockdb-clean from crontab... done
Trying to Reconfigure watchdog... Unable to process /opt/psa/etc/modules/watchdog/monitrc.tpl configuration file:
/tmp/monitrc.chk:35: Error: the executable does not exist '/opt/psa/admin/bin/mailmng'
/tmp/monitrc.chk:36: Error: the executable does not exist '/opt/psa/admin/bin/mailmng'
Trying to Remove Plesk-specific authentication from Courier IMAP... done
Purging configuration files for psa-mail-pc-driver ...
dpkg - warning: while removing psa-mail-pc-driver, directory `/var/spool/postfix/plesk' not empty so not removed.
Selecting previously deselected package plesk-mail-pc-driver.
(Reading database ... 315920 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking plesk-mail-pc-driver (from .../plesk-mail-pc-driver_10.12.0-debian5.0.build1012110722.14_i386.deb) ...

But it doesn't install. Now the POP accounts will not authenticate.

Just for fun I checked the schema version of the sso.db file - it's back to 8.

Also, even though I keep removing it and it won't install properly anyway, the Plesk Billing package keeps reasserting itself and funnily enough you cannot remove it using the autoinstaller.

Any suggestions or am I going to have to rebiuld this server from scratch... agian?

Back