• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs pm.max_children value set in serviceplan get not synced to domain/subscription

Brujo

Silver Pleskian
Plesk Guru
TITLE:
pm.max_children value set in serviceplan get not synced to domain/subscription
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
‪CentOS Linux 7.5.1804 (Core)‬
Plesk Onyx Version 17.8.11 Update #9
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
When I change on service plan level the pm.max_children value and update & sync this value is not synced to the Domains which are asigned to the service plan. As described in How to apply PHP-FPM pool settings for all the domains? it should get synced.​
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
Goto plesk Panel > Service Plan > Select Plan > PHP Settings > set value for pm.max_children for example to 30 and click Update & Sync Button and wait for "The sync was successfully completed."

upload_2018-5-31_10-17-23.png

ACTUAL RESULT:
timestamp of the conf file get updated but the value is still the old and not the one from service plan.
Code:
# grep pm.max_children /opt/plesk/php/7.2/etc/php-fpm.d/*
/opt/plesk/php/7.2/etc/php-fpm.d/example1.de.conf:pm.max_children = 24
/opt/plesk/php/7.2/etc/php-fpm.d/example2.de.conf:pm.max_children = 5

or Goto plesk Panel > Subscriptions > select Domain > PHP settings > check pm.max_children value

upload_2018-5-31_10-13-24.png
EXPECTED RESULT:
adjusted pm value in service plan should by syncronized to domains assigned to this service plan.​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
on another Server with ubuntu and Plesk Version 17.5.3 Update #49 the syncronization of the pm.max_children value works as expected
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Confirm bug

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-31_10-12-18.png
    upload_2018-5-31_10-12-18.png
    9.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Looks like that domain where synchronization not working belongs to the locked subscription.

Syncing Subscriptions and Plans

state, which means locked for syncing, indicates that a subscription is excluded from syncing with the associated plans

@IgorG - sorry to say but the domain is unlocked - green Button is shown on subscription and not the blue one with the lock symbol but it looks like you showed my the path where I have to looking for - it seems the domain get not locked even when I change values on the domain when it should get locked. I will do some more investigation and will come back then.

upload_2018-6-4_7-20-4.png

@IgorG - Ok i did the following,I change 2 values (upload_max_filesize & max_execution_time) on the service plan > php settings and pressed Update & Sync
I checked the domain php settings but there wasnt the new values from service plan.

therefore I tried the following on cli: like described here: Unable to synchronize subscriptions with a service plan
# for domain in `MYSQL_PWD=\`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow\` mysql -u admin psa -sNe"select name from domains where webspace_id=0"`; do /usr/local/psa/bin/subscription --unlock-subscription $domain; done

The subscription xyz.de was unlocked.
# for domain in `MYSQL_PWD=\`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow\` mysql -u admin psa -sNe"select name from domains where webspace_id=0"`; do /usr/local/psa/bin/subscription --sync-subscription $domain; done

Subscription xyz.de was synchronized with the associated service plans.
Also here I checked the domain php settings but there wasnt the new values from service plan.

Well it is a test server with a single domain and do not harm me yet

Back