• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

postfix-queue - do we need it?

galaxy

Regular Pleskian
I'm getting ready for the upgrade to 9.0.1 and did a practice install. I noticed postfix is configured to spawn a process for each message coming in and each going out. So the bottleneck here would be the /usr/lib/plesk-9.0/postfix-queue. I've read some problems dealing with large attachments in the program already.

So can the mail system work properly without this? I was already planning on putting in my own hooks for mail handling and would like to avoid spawning processes. I already have my own daemon to process the incoming stream of mail. If there's any important work going on in postfix-queue, I would like to make sure it gets performed, however I can't afford to fork a process for every request.

So does anyone know what postfix-queue does and is it really required? I don't use Dr. Virus, spamassasin or other mail server plugins, but will be using both webmail interfaces.

Back