• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Power Toys 3.7 released

Chipmonk - when you ftp'd it up to your server, did you make sure it was uploaded in binary mode?

lvalics - Would it be possible, in addition to the download button, instructions to wget the file, so admins could wget the file directly to their server? It may avoid problems when new admins try to download it to their Windows PC then upload it to their servers....

well;

i assume (and previously did as well) to upload the sh file through module managment / add module and then uploading it.

so there is no question for the the binary mode.

lvalics:: i have enclosed the error screenshot.

No, if you download it to your Windows PC, you would not use the Plesk Module Management. The module management feature is for something totally different.

You would need to ftp/sftp the psapt3.zip file to your server, then unzip it (creates installer.sh), chmod +x installer.sh, then run the installer.sh file.

well, very strange :) as before (few months back, i think version 3.2) i installed it through the module and it worked.

anyway, i uploaded it to server, and then installed it, so far all seems to be okay.

thanx a lot both of you.

one question, i was not able to upload the pic, i browsed to the file,a nd assumed it will auto attach after i submit, but it didnt :s

emailing clients

well, rest all is fine.

when i tried to email to one client, it send to all the clients same email.

i think this problem was discussed somewhere else as well, but i lost the track of that thread.

yip, downloading with FireFox or Netscape gives a corrupted zip file that cannot be extracted.

End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
the last disk(s) of this archive.
unzip: cannot find zipfile directory in one of psapt3.zip or
psapt3.zip.zip, and cannot find psapt3.zip.ZIP, period.

Has anyone managed to download version 3.7 for Plesk 7.5.4 using Firefox or Netscape without problems or errors?

If so, what is the direct link to use wget?

Hi Ivalics,

I've now tried Firefox, Netscape and IE again.
They all download the file from your system but it cannot open or unzip and keeps giving errors.

Ryan

Just downloaded the PowerToys installer - and it's still not working with FreeBSD?

But a very important suggestion:

I think it should be possible to choose which part of PowerToys to install and at least be given full information about the consequenses about changed system-files when trying to install.

I don't want to have any tool to change my named (and byt that DNS) settings without my explicit acknowlege and approval! I already have domain aliassing running on my servers and don't want PowerToys to interfeere with that.

So I think you should make it politely ask which parts of PowerToys to install :)

We will think on not to alter in that case named.conf, all what can we do and then maybe we can disable from template that button, we will see what we can do.

I'm having trouble getting this installed on Plesk 7.5.3 running on Debian.

I ran the installer script but the 3.6 version still showed up in my control panel. So I went into the shell and renamed the psapt3 directory. So now the the PowerToys didn't load at all. Next I deleted the powertoys directory and ran the install script again. There is still no PowerToys in my PSA screen.

What am I doing wrong?

David

Just try to run the installer and tell us if everything is going OK, no errors on installer, then should show up the software.

The only error I get is this one...

/var/named/run-root/etc/psaptzone.files does not exist. Creating.
chown: `named:named': invalid user

David

The files listed there are owned by root:root. Except for 'var' which is owned by bind:bind.

David

Back