• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Power Toys 3.7 released

Hi.

That fixed it. Thanks.

While I have you here, it seems I remember being able to view the MySQL username/passwords for each account using the PowerToys tool. Am I mistaken because I don't see the DB user/pass combos in here anywhere.

David

Hi Valics.

I'm not sure what 'discussion' you are referring to.

Do you want to look at my configuration or something? I recall that this worked when I was using Plesk 7.5.3 on Redhat 7.3. I upgraded to Debian 3.1 and reinstalled Plesk and restored my files. Since then I have not been able to see the database passwords.

David

Originally posted by lvalics
We do only a select from database, this is strange why is not working.
Can you contact us at [email protected] and give as PLESK and SSH rights to check it?

Maybe this shows that you should work a little more on error improvement (as in the installer script as an error will terminate the script leaving the system in whatever state you got to - ie. halfway changed configuration files etc.).

I know -as it has also been the case for Plesk - it's much more fun to add new features - but in a "3.x" version series of a piece of software - one would expect that the most errors is being handled correct without anything breaking.

It should be pretty simple to output an errorstatement about why the software can't read the MySQL user passwords (ie. can't find any passwords, can't read the PSA table etc.).

This should not need SHELL access to any system.

I like PowerToys - don't get me wrong - but I still think it needs some work in errorhandling.

Belive me, we want a perfect solution as well.
There is 2 problem.

1. TIME
2. TIME AGAIN :-((

So because the sources are open, anyone can help us to develop it better.

OK, we solved for now the problem, it seems that version is not readed as we expected and this is why DB SQL was not executed.

Hi,

Any update on my MySQL password issue? I sent you the login info for my server last night.

David

vhost.conf saveproblem

I configure a vhost.conf it with a normal text, but if I submit (save) this, then I get html-tags such like "<br>" or "&lgt;" in the text and all linebreaks are going done.

the vhost.conf is not in function after this.

could you help me.

Plesk 7.5.4.- Patch...10.16
Powertoys 3.7

Thanks
Jan

PowerToys 3.8

Hi all,

Power Toys 3.8 was released.
I will open a new topic for this.

Here we will responde only for PT 3.7

Hi all,

We released new version of Power Toys, more is bug fixing on this release.

We tried to fix Alias Tools and here is working.
What is new on this and you need to know.

We changed path now, so now psaptzones is in NAMED/etc/ directory.
Also domains are created now in NAMED/var directory.
Also some problem in zone was fixed.

SKIN: Here was a small bug on those systems where all skins were deleted and custom skin was used.

SECURITY: Even if was used only by Admin and only Admin know about this tools, possible that some Clients and some Users guess to add /powertoys/ in URL and then can access Power Toys as ADMIN.
So we ask you to upgrade as soon as possible.
Now only ADMIN can access Power Toys.

For next release we will add more features.
We still wait your ideas to be added.

THREAD for this release:
http://forum.plesk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30747

Back