• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[PPP-26478] After update to onyx backup does not work

Hey PLESK team, will you please fix this? It's getting very annoying.
BTW, when I delete all existing Backups and start over it works - until one full cycle has been reached (i.e. weekly full + incremental = full cycle after 7 days).

Just adding our voice to the mix. We have had this problem for a long time and it is becoming a real worry. Due to the fact Plesk cannot do multiple backup schedules we use scheduled tasks to perfrom additional offsite backups, however due to this issue these are failing every day. Although this is well documented heres our details (we have tried everything mentioned here with no success.

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
Parallels Plesk Panel 17.0.17 MU #16/15 CentOS 6.8 (Final) 64bit

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION
Backups run from command line / scheduled tasks fail with the following error
/opt/psa/PMM/agents/shared/IPC/Run/IO.pm line 558

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

Run the following command via scheduled task or SSH
/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup server --exclude-logs --output-file=ftp://0.0.0.0/folder/folder06/ --ftp-login=name --ftp-password=password

ACTUAL RESULT
Fail with the above error

EXPECTED RESULT
Success

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
  • Attempted all fixes from here with no effect.
  • Backups run from the Plesk backup Manager to the same location work correctly.
  • We can FTP onto the server without problem from the servers
  • 4 servers all with the same problem that worked fine up until ONYX
  • Since upgrade to ONYX

I can say that we aware of this problem.
The problem is complex a bit and require some time and work. We are working on it and will fix it in one of nearest updates.

Got this one:
Runtime error: pmm-ras command completed with non-zero exit code at /usr/local/psa/PMM/agents/shared/Storage/ArchiveStorage.pm line 120.
CentOS 6.8
Worked again after a reboot last time, but reappeared.

Another point is, that the sizes don't fit.
In the panel it adds up to 486 GB and on the FTP server I got 523 GB

... and the list of backups takes forever to load, the progress indicator of the latest hangs, spins forever. If I click on it it shows progress at 100%

... and if I click on a file from the list to restore I get this message:

"The backup of the type server cannot be restored now. To restore it, log in as the backup owner and click this backup name in Backup Manager."

Last edited:
Yes please, do something about that. It's uncomfy the way it is now.
It works for a couple of days if I start with a blank list of backups, but various different errors re-occur after some days.
:eek:

Hello,
I have the same bug. CentOS Linux 7.3.1611 (Core)‬ with Plesk 17.0.17 #17.

Error:

Runtime error: ack Broken pipe: write( 14, 'clients/vvvvvvv/domains/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com/backup_user-data_1703051106.tgz ' ) at /usr/local/psa/PMM/agents/shared/IPC/Run/IO.pm line 558.
Warning: domain "xxxxxxxxx.com"
Server settings are skipped from backup due to error: ack Broken pipe: write( 14, 'clients/vvvvvvvvvvvv/domains/xxxxxxxxxxxx.com/backup_user-data_1703051106.tgz ' ) at /usr/local/psa/PMM/agents/shared/IPC/Run/IO.pm line 558.

This issue appear after update some components on system base (some updates from CentOS 7) (through Plesk).

Can you solved this?

Plesk,

I get this same error:

Runtime error: ack Broken pipe: write( 13, 'clients....tgz' ) at /usr/local/psa/PMM/agents/shared/IPC/Run/IO.pm line 558.

Any idea when this will get fixed?

Here's what i managed to determine so far:
- It works fine with my one FTP backup solution but throws this error on the other FTP backup location.
- I've tested both FTP backups by uploading files to it over a normal FTP client and both works just peachy.
- What i have well figured out is that the one FTP backup location (that does not work) only allow a maximum of 5 connections, where else the other one that works allows 10. Could this be the reason?

The FTP backup location that works has limited space so i cannot backup everything onto it.

WE HAVE TO GET A SOLUTION OR ANSWER TO THIS.

Any news on this?

Product version: Plesk Onyx 17.0.17 Update #18
Update date: 2017/03/08 16:46
Build date: 2016/11/17 17:00
OS version: Ubuntu 12.04
Revision: ab6766191d3ba26e7b21255ab007fc7fc56d84c6
Architecture: 64-bit
Wrapper version: 1.2

[21095]: 2017-03-08 15:21:33.251 DEBUG Get backup size of server settings finished. Size is 266019 bytes.
[21095]: 2017-03-08 15:21:33.251 DEBUG Get backup size finished. Backup size of selected objects is 64755752739 bytes
[21112]: 2017-03-08 16:33:16.551 ERROR 7f869257-eba7-4505-8129-eb69d46e587e Runtime error: ack Broken pipe: write( 13, 'clients/client/domains/client.nl/backup_statistics_1703081521.tgz
' ) at /opt/psa/PMM/agents/shared/IPC/Run/IO.pm line 558.
:
at /opt/psa/PMM/agents/shared/Logging.pm line 116
Logging::error('Runtime error: ack Broken pipe: write( 13, \'clients/client/dom...', 'fatal') called at /opt/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1380
main::__ANON__('Error::Simple=HASH(0x3c8b388)', 'SCALAR(0x2ca3fa8)') called at /usr/share/perl5/Error.pm line 340
eval {...} called at /usr/share/perl5/Error.pm line 330
Error::subs::run_clauses('HASH(0x3c8afb0)', 'ack Broken pipe: write( 13, \'clients/client/domains/client.nl/ba...', undef, 'ARRAY(0x2cb0528)') called at /usr/share/perl5/Error.pm line 427
Error::subs::try('CODE(0x25ed858)', 'HASH(0x3c8afb0)') called at /opt/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1382
main::main() called at /opt/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1386

== STDERR ====================
Runtime error: ack Broken pipe: write( 13, 'clients/client/domains/client.nl/backup_statistics_1703081521.tgz
' ) at /opt/psa/PMM/agents/shared/IPC/Run/IO.pm line 558.

==============================

I'm not using FTP at all btw. Mounted a disk temporarily for the backup, command is:

plesk bin pleskbackup server -v --exclude-logs --output-file=/mnt/backup/20170308-Plesk-Server-Backup

It's a bit annoying, to say the least. For one of my servers I haven't got a valid external backup for weeks now.

Dear Pleskians,

Let me clarify the current situation a bit.
Actually, when you see this "558" error, it is problem from FTP server side. For some reasons, uploading may be interrupted and Plesk tries to re-upload backup, but when it fails too, you see this "558" error. Problems on ftp server side may be following:

- ftp server does not support resuming of uploading (APPE feature);
- IIS removes already uploaded part of the backup file after interruption of uloading process, and when Plesk tries to resume uploading, it does not see the already uploaded part to continue;
- When you use cloud storages, there is some kind of sizes inconsistencies in the size of parts in Plesk/cloud caches;
- etc;

In the last MU we have changed this bad "558" error message with something more readable. But as you understood it is the cosmetic fix. It was done in scope of PPPM-5777 and PPPM-5809
In the one of nearest MU we will add the more readable reply from FTP server about possible reason of error. It will allow you understand the problem on FTP server side and find the proper solution.
For proftpd server you can try to use the following solution:
In the directory, specified in FTP Storage settings you need to create file .ftpaccess with following content:

Code:
AllowRetrieveRestart on
AllowStoreRestart on

Thanks, what I don't understand is that it worked perfectly well in former versions of Plesk

Thanks, what I don't understand is that it worked perfectly well in former versions of Plesk
It may be considered as back side of backup improvements for resuming failed uploads in the latest Plesk version. It is not so easy to take into account all the features of the FTP servers used by Plesk users.

For proftpd server you can try to use the following solution:
In the directory, specified in FTP Storage settings you need to create file .ftpaccess with following content:

Code:
AllowRetrieveRestart on
AllowStoreRestart on

Finally!!! A solution.

Thank you!

Back