• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved [PPP-54792] Error on upload in file manager under Firefox

Pascal_Netenvie

Regular Pleskian
Hello,
Each time i try to upload a file (in my case a zip of 11Mb) i have this message on first try :
"No files selected. To upload the files, you have to select them."
If i retry it always work fine.
I use Firefox ...

Regards.

This seems to be a local caching issue of the browser or worse, a malware on your system is intercepting and redirecting transactions.

On plesk 18.0.34 no problem. On 18.0.37 it bugs ...
I upgrade these 2 servers to 18.0.38 and tell you if it still bug nor not.

I could not reproduce the symptom on several tests with regular files and zip files about the size of yours. This type of upload mechanism is AJAX based and mainly controlled by the browser and JavaScript in the browser. For that reason it is unlikely that there is a server-side issue.

It's either a cache issue of the browser or something intercepting the transfer. I suggest to remove all add-ons from your browser and run a thorough anti-virus check on your system. It is advisable, too, to use a different web browser to test whether the same symptom occurs on the different browser. A re-installation of your browser could help to solve the issue, too. There could also be a cache in your router or network (if you are using a proxy for example).

Ok i don't have problem under Chrome.
But where it worked with Plesk 18.0.34 under Firefox it now bugs with Plesk 18.0.38.
I will test with Firefox without any extension but i already tried to disable all and it failed.

Ok just tried with Firefox in special mode without any extension and the problem is the same.
And with 18.0.38 it's worst cause now it always bug ...
Since 18.0.35 or more something changed and now upload in Firefox is impossible ... Or something changed in Firefox ...

hello @Pascal_Netenvie , @justinforga

could you please provide your Firefox versions with platform details (I mean Windows/Linux/MacOS)
and your Plesk versions (also with platform)

also please provide list of installed extensions (yes, I read that @Pascal_Netenvie tried to reproduce with clear FF profile without any extensions).

I'm right that in your case issue appeared every time (and you are not able to upload files with file manager at all) ?

are you using drag-n-drop or try to select files using 'Upload file' menu item ?

Fixed in 18.0.41:
Uploading files via File Manager no longer sometimes fails with the “No files selected. To upload the files, you have to select them.” error. (PPP-54792)

Reactions: mow
Back