• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved [PPP-56944] Password reset/forgot password email not working with External SMTP

vikK

New Pleskian
Product - Plesk Obsidian Web Admin Se Edition

I am using external smtp server. Tried with 2 different providers I can send "mass emails messages" (from plesk tool and settings) successfully. Notification emails about wordpress updates digest, new site creation is also working normally.

But when I try to use the forgot password option it shows reset email sent but no email arrives. There is nothing is the "mail log browser" about the forgot password email. All other notification emails are present in the "mail log browser" and it shows success or error if there is any issue.

I don't understand why this is happening only with the password reset email when external smtp function is working correctly for all other emails from server. And nothing shows in mail log.

Attached Screenshots:
Mail log sending emails successfully.
Password rest message (no email is actually sent).

Attachments

• plesk smtp error.png
    plesk smtp error.png
    14.6 KB · Views: 12
  • plesk smtp error 2.JPG
    plesk smtp error 2.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 11
For which user(s) are trying to use the password reset/forgot password option? Because this option doesn't work for root and admin type users.

Last edited:
hello @vikK ,
the issue with msmtp and password reset link for admin account is confirmed
password reset link not generated for root and admin accounts and appropriate error msg should be displayed

Back