• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue [PPPM-4734] wrong DB selected in phpMyAdmin side panel

Reinhard_Hutter

New Pleskian
When I open phpMyAdmin from Plesk, the side panel in phpMyAdmin (showing the tables as a tree structure) does not show the correct database.

Clicking the "Open" button for database named "adler"
plesk_1.png

gives me this window in phpMyAdmin. Notice the wrong database in the side panel.

plesk_2.png

• The same error happens when opening phpMyAdmin from the "phpMyAdmin" link in the database window.
  • Bug is the same accross all browsers (Chrome, FF, IE).
  • Both databases are on the same Plesk account, using the same mySQL user.
  • As soon as I click on a table on the side panel, the main view also changes to the wrong DB.
  • The small "synch panels" icon on the top right of the side panel does not help.
  • The same error occurs happens for all databases on this account.
There is even more weirdness when opening database "seekda", which is the previously wrong DB in the example above:

plesk_3.png

opens this window:

plesk_4.png

Anyone having an idea how to fix this?

Thanks,
Reinhard

Nobody else having this problem? After accidently deleting a table from the wrong DB because of this bug this is a quite dangerous problem.

I'm having the same exact issue. Plesk v12.5.30. It has been around for quite few weeks now.
I haven't found a solution yet, so I'm getting used to not using the side bar anymore, but it's quite a pain.

I can't reproduce this behaviour on my test Plesk 12.5 server. What is your phpMyAdmin version? Have you installed all latest microupdates? Are you sure that it is not phpmyadmin bug?
Could you please provide step-by-step instruction how it could be reproduced from the beginning - subscription->domain(s)->databases

Hello Igor,
Plesk version : Plesk v12.5.30_build1205150826.19 os_Ubuntu 14.04 (I did get update issues. The repair update seems to have been working).
phpMyAdmin version : 4.6.0 (mysql: mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev) (mysql version from the plesk database server screen : 5.5.49)
I can't tell you if it's a phpMyAdmin or Plesk behavior.

I have a server running multiple databases, most of them using the same mysql user for phpmyadmin connection (created automatically using ssh).
Example of command with a new "admin_test" database : /usr/local/psa/bin/database --create admin_test -domain [main-domain] -print-id -server localhost -type mysql
So all the databases get the same [main-domain] user.

While trying to reproduce the issue with manually created databases, using another mysql user, I noticed that the sidebar displays the wrong database only when the user has the checkbox "User has access to all databases within the selected subscription" checked. If this checkbox is unchecked, the right database is selected. So I guess using one mysql super user for multiple databases is what causes the issue.

Reinhard, do you have databases using one mysql user as well ?
When using the mysql link from the Database Servers screen, you get all databases in the sidebar, making it less prone to switching databases errors.

@IgorG
My Plesk is 12.5.30 Update #40
My phpMyAdmin is the version provided by Plesk, v4.6.0

I've been doing some research, but could not find a similar bug report on the phpMyAdmin site nor anywhere else on Google.

I cannot reliably recreate the bug on newly created subscriptions or on other subscriptions, it happens only on one specific subscription on my server. Other subscriptions work as expected. But on this specific subscription it happens every time on every DB.

It is a development server only, so I could give you access to this subscription if it helps debugging.

@Francois Verollet
Yes, all the databases share the same user, but using the database screen does not work for me. No matter from where in Plesk I open phpMyAdmin, I always end up with the same one single DB on the sidebar.

[EDIT, @Francois Verollet ]
I've to correct myself, when using the database servers screen I do get the list of all databases in phpMyAdmin, thanks for the tip, this will make it easier.

Last edited:
Still experiencing this exact issue on Plesk 17.5.3 Update #61 with phpMyAdmin 4.6.6 using PHP 5.6.

My solution is to change the name of the database user.

(If the user name gets changed back to the old value, the bug reappears.)

This bug is not fixed. Same DB user, different DBs. DB on sidebar panel and on top of main screen don't match.

Plesk Obsidian 18.0.55 Update #2
phpMyAdmin 5.2.1
MariaDB 10.3.39

Attachments

• scrnli_4-10-2023_15-17-42.png
    scrnli_4-10-2023_15-17-42.png
    244.4 KB · Views: 8
@Reinhard_Hutter I could not reproduce the issue on my test systems here. Would you please be so kind to submit a support ticket that this individual server issue can be investigated and eventually fixed on your server by support staff?

To sign-in to support please go to https://support.plesk.com

If you experience login issues, please see this KB article:
https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...rt-plesk-com-and-password-reset-does-not-work

If you bought your license from a reseller, your reseller should provide support for you. If the reseller does not provide support, here is an alternative:
https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/12388090147095-How-to-get-support-directly-from-Plesk-

Back