• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

preupgrade_checker: WARNING: IP address registered in Plesk is invalid or broken

A

Ali N.

Hello,

I have installed Plesk Panel 10.4.4 on Debian squeeze 64bit. Now I want to upgrade this panel to Plesk 11, but when I run the installer in preupgrade check step I get following warning:

Components validation detected at least one important issue:
Parallels Panel pre-upgrade check...
PHP Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /root/parallels/PSA_11.0.9/examiners/panel_preupgrade_checker.php on line 1588
WARNING: IP address registered in Plesk is invalid or broken: 85.xxx.xxx.xxx

Proceeding with installation or upgrade without resolving the issues
that were found can corrupt your data.

IP is masked. I found this topic http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=257007 and fix is easy, but looks like plesk does not have fixed this on their servers. My manual changes to that file are removed if i rerun installer script because installer download the file every time from plesk servers.

Any ideas how to proceed and will this preupgrade script have impact if i continue with upgrade without resolving this issue?

All ideas are welcome.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Ali

Preupgrade checker script is designed to detect possible errors in your Plesk installation before upgrade. It does not (or at least should not) modify anything on your system. As any software, this script may contain bugs. Therefore ignoring preupgrade checker warnings is OK if you are confident that you don't really have any problem.

Hi Nikolay,

Thank you for your informative reply.

I was worry only if this script will have any impact to plesk upgrade procedure if it pass some data to next steps during upgrade. This is why I decided to ask here before to take any actions :)

Especially for this warning I'm sure IP is set correctly and as i have also good working 10.4.4 installation :)

Thank you again and best regards,
Ali

Back