• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem recompiling PHP 5.2.5-4.art

M

madcat

Hello everyone.

I am currently trying to follow along with http://kb.odin.com/en/260 , and have encountered a problem during the PHP recompile phase.

Running rpmbuild --rebuild php-5.2.5-4.art.src.rpm , I end up with:

Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.5/build-apache/modules/pdo.so' - /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.5/build-apache/modules/pdo.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.5/build-apache/modules/pdo_mysql.so' - /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.5/build-apache/modules/pdo_mysql.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.5/build-apache/modules/pdo_mysql.so' - /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.5/build-apache/modules/pdo_mysql.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.5/build-apache/modules/pdo_sqlite.so' - /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.5/build-apache/modules/pdo_sqlite.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.5/build-apache/modules/pdo_sqlite.so' - /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.5/build-apache/modules/pdo_sqlite.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.5/build-apache/modules/xmlreader.so' - /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.5/build-apache/modules/xmlreader.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.5/build-apache/modules/xmlreader.so' - /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.5/build-apache/modules/xmlreader.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.5/build-apache/modules/xmlwriter.so' - /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.5/build-apache/modules/xmlwriter.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.5/build-apache/modules/xmlwriter.so' - /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.5/build-apache/modules/xmlwriter.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.5/build-apache/modules/xsl.so' - /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.5/build-apache/modules/xsl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.5/build-apache/modules/xsl.so' - /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.5/build-apache/modules/xsl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.5/build-apache/modules/zip.so' - /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.5/build-apache/modules/zip.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.5/build-apache/modules/zip.so' - /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.5/build-apache/modules/zip.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

=====================================================================
CWD : /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.5
PHP : /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.5/build-apache/sapi/cli/php
PHP_SAPI : cli
PHP_VERSION : 5.2.5
ZEND_VERSION: 2.2.0
PHP_OS : Linux - Linux localhost 2.6.9-67.0.7.ELsmp #1 SMP Sat Mar 15 06:54:55 EDT 2008 i686
INI actual : /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.5/build-apache/tmp-php.ini
More .INIs : /etc/php.d/dbase.ini,/etc/php.d/dom.ini,/etc/php.d/gd.ini,/etc/php.d/imap.ini,/etc/php.d/json.ini,/etc/php.d/mbstring.ini,/etc/php.d/mysql.ini
,/etc/php.d/mysqli.ini,/etc/php.d/pdo.ini,/etc/php.d/pdo_mysql.ini,/etc/php.d/pdo_sqlite.ini,/etc/php.d/xmlreader.ini,/etc/php.d/xmlwriter.ini,/etc/php.d/xs
l.ini,/etc/php.d/zip.ini
Extra dirs :
TIME START 2008-04-28 17:13:11
TEST 1/3129 [tests/run-test/test001.phpt]^MFAIL EXPECT [tests/run-test/test001.phpt]
TEST 2/3129 [tests/run-test/test002.phpt]^MFAIL EXPECTF [tests/run-test/test002.phpt]
TEST 3/3129 [tests/run-test/test003.phpt]^MFAIL EXPECTREGEX [tests/run-test/test003.phpt]
TEST 4/3129 [tests/run-test/test004.phpt]^MFAIL INI section allows '=' [tests/run-test/test004.phpt]
TEST 5/3129 [tests/run-test/test005.phpt]

And it just stops there. It doesn't give me a command prompt, it just stops completely, and I have to press CNTRL-C to get a prompt. Running 'top' in another SSH shell, I can see that the load is close to zero when it is stopped, so it is not doing anything.

After pressing CNTRL-C, I went to the directory /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.5/build-apache/modules and it was empty. I was able to find the .so that it's looking for in /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.5/build-cgi/modules .

Anybody know how to fix this? Last time I did http://kb.odin.com/en/260 , I ended up having to modify the SPEC file and compile it using 'rpmbuild -bb php.spec'. Perhaps the situation is similar this time, but I'm not sure what to modify in the SPEC file, if that even is the solution.

Also, I had to download and install pcre-6.6-1.1.src.rpm, using "rpmbuild --rebuild http://kb.odin.com/en/260", as when I initially tried to install PHP, it gave me an error stating that my PCRE version was too old.

I know that http://kb.odin.com/en/260 uses "php-4.3.10-2.4.src.rpm". I am hoping I don't have to downgrade the version of PHP I am using just to make this work.

Thanks.

I'm going to re-insert all the text above except the output, as it appears a formating error of some sort is preventing the last few words of each line from being displayed.

Also, the system is: CentOS 4.6 with http://www.atomicrocketturtle.com/Joomla/ yum repository setup and yum updated.

-------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone.

I am currently trying to follow along with http://kb.odin.com/en/260 , and have encountered a problem during the PHP recompile phase.

Running rpmbuild --rebuild php-5.2.5-4.art.src.rpm , I end up with:

(See above)

And it just stops there. It doesn't give me a command prompt, it just stops completely, and I have to press CNTRL-C to get a prompt. Running 'top' in another SSH shell, I can see that the load is close to zero when it is stopped, so it is not doing anything.

After pressing CNTRL-C, I went to the directory /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.5/build-apache/modules and it was empty. I was able to find the .so that it's looking for in /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.5/build-cgi/modules .

Anybody know how to fix this? Last time I did http://kb.odin.com/en/260 , I ended up having to modify the SPEC file and compile it using 'rpmbuild -bb php.spec'. Perhaps the situation is similar this time, but I'm not sure what to modify in the SPEC file, if that even is the solution.

Also, I had to download and install pcre-6.6-1.1.src.rpm, using "rpmbuild --rebuild", as when I initially tried to install PHP, it gave me an error stating that my PCRE version was too old.

I know that http://kb.odin.com/en/260 uses "php-4.3.10-2.4.src.rpm". I am hoping I don't have to downgrade the version of PHP I am using just to make this work.

Thanks.

Fixed my own issue: Turns out I needed to remove the current PHP installation.

eg:

rpm --nodeps -e php-common php-pdo php-imap php-mbstring php-cli php-pear php-gd php-xml php-devel php php-mysql

* WARNING: Be careful running the above command on a live webserver, as it will uninstall your current PHP installation.

Back