• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Problem with Mailforwading to extern

Thera

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
11.7 debian
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hello,

we have the Problem that we want to Forward a Mail automatically to an extern Mail, But the externel doesnt recieve this Mail.

The external had sent us a sheet that they have Set a SPF and we have to set also one. (SRS1 and SRS2, i cant found informations for plesk on web)

Is this correct in the spf? Oh what is the Right way?

+a: firstdomain.de +a externalDomain.de?

Thank you very much!

Your own SPF entry for the sending domain should be something like:

@
v=spf1 a mx ~all

It should not include any domain not hosted on your server, e.g. it should not allow externalDomain.de. It should only allow the IP addresses of your host and possible others that are authorized to send mail on behalf of your domain. The external domain is normally not allowed to send mail through your server.

Hey Peter,

Thank you, yes. But a customer Need this Direktion, but i think this is the job of reciever, isnt it? Can i so something Else?

Best Regards
Thomas

The sender must set the SPF record. Purpose of the entry is that a receiver can check whether the sending mail server is authorized to send emails on behalf of the domain name from where the mail is sent. The receiver can, but is not obligued to check it.

P.S.: When you forward mails through your server, it is very well possible that the receiver does not look at your SPF record and instead discards the mail, because it comes from your server, but the sender does not have your domain in his SPF record. Forwarding mails is an illness of the Internet, I've observed that in our country here people love forwards while they are neither necessary nor do they make much sense, because recipients could equally well download mails from their local mailboxes on your Plesk server. But people don't want to go that extra mile, so they will have problems with forwarded mails. Also, forwarded mails also forward spam. This will for sure result in temporary or perpetual blocks of your server's IP with some providers like web.de, GMX, Yahoo and others, because these providers don't only look at the spam source, but also at the forwarder as a source of spam. It's just bad practice to perpetually forward emails to external recipients. It's o.k. for internal recipients.

Back