• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem with the Migration tool

alegsa

New Pleskian
Hi. Sorry my English

I have a problem with the Migration tool.

I have Plesk 12.3.30 in the destination server.
I have Plesk 11.0.9 in the source server.

I put Source IP address, adm login, password, etc. I clic on Next and ERROR.

The log error said:

[INFO] START: Check if migration list file already exists
[INFO] FINISH: Check if migration list file already exists
[INFO] START: Check migrator updates
[INFO] FINISH: Check migrator updates
[INFO] START: Check connections
[ERROR] Failed to check Plesk API connection to the source server 'source' (50.62.142.72): The command "/usr/local/psa/bin/admin --show-password" executed at the source server 'source' (50.62.142.72) returned a non-zero exit code.
============================================================================
Stderr:
bash: /usr/local/psa/bin/admin: Permission denied

Stdout:

1. If this happened because of a network issue, re-run the migration tool.
2. Ensure that the host is up and there are no firewall rules that may block SSH connection to the host.
3. To investigate the issue, login to the host by SSH, run the command and look at the result.

Thanks

More info:

If I go to the source server and execute:
/usr/local/psa/bin/admin --show-password

it said: "Permission denied"

But if I do the same with "su" athentication, it works and gives me the password!

When I connect to the SSH server I'm using the user: "my-user-name" and password: "my-password".
I can't login using "root" as user name.

My server es CentOS 6.

Hi alegsa,

sorry... this doesn't work. You need root - priviliges for the migration tool - usage.

I'm the administrator of the server, it's a dedicated server. My user has root priviliges as far as I know. I can access to SSH using my username and password, and then I execute "su" and I put again my password, and I can access to everything in my server as administrator.

I confirm that fair "root" user is required for migration. User with su/sudo access, even with no password access to sudo/su, is not supported by Plesk Migrator.

Hi alegsa,

this doesn't change, that the migration tool doesn't use "su" in front of its commands ( followed by inserting a password ). Consider to allow the user "root" for the temporary migration tool - usage the root - login at:

/etc/ssh/sshd_config

Code:
PermitRootLogin no
to
Code:
PermitRootLogin yes

... and restart the sshd - server with: service sshd restart

Yes! that is the solution. Now I can access using root and my password.
The Plesk tutorial should alert this problem!.

Thank you so much!!! :)

Back