• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Problem with Updating over Plesk, Error and Service down

daanse

Regular Pleskian
Hi,
yesterday i have upgraded some package over Plesk and this failed and dovecot was down whole Night.

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:

Plesk Onyx (VM 30 Domains)
Version 17.0.17 Update #7,
Debian 8.6

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:

Seems that some other Command (my Monitoring Bloonix, was running some command) but this would be .. very... coincidence.
I ran some update a Minute ago, "Hit Update Package" Button and then there was another Update and i hit it again. But failing an causing Service off is a bit to hard, don't you think?
Luckly i had no AUTO Update turned on.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
as mentioned above

ACTUAL RESULT:

Error while Upgrading:
  • 2016-11-29 23:47:58 INFO: pum is called with arguments: ['--update', '--json', '--', 'plesk-dovecot-imap-driver']
  • 2016-11-29 23:47:58 ERROR: Update operation was locked by another update process (Plesk installer or pum).
  • 2016-11-29 23:47:58 ERROR: Exited with returncode 100.

EXPECTED RESULT:

Green Message. Services all ok.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Screenshot

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2016-11-30 um 07.15.56.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2016-11-30 um 07.15.56.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 8
ERROR: Update operation was locked by another update process (Plesk installer or pum).

This is not a bug. This just means that another application is using the system package manager. To prevent issues with concurrent usage of package manager Plesk Software Update checks whether another Plesk Installer or Software Update instance is already running.

Those are two separate events.

There was an issue with update 8 that caused problems with Dovecot under certain update settings. It is already fixed (manual fix is to install the latest version of the 'plesk-dovecot-imap-driver' package, which should now happen automatically for all applicable update settings). Successfully applying the initial version of update 8 (presumably, during scheduled update) caused issues with Dovecot for you.

Then there's a simultaneous update lock, which results in error message in Plesk. In your case this was a separate event and it was caused by another updater instance that was already running at the time (e.g., you may have launched Plesk Installer manually from the Plesk "Tools & Settings", then shortly after go to System Updates page and click "Check for Updates").

Back