• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problems after restore

B

burgero

Hey guys

I have just moved all the sites over with sbbackup and sbrestore from OLD 32bits windows 2003 server to a brand new 64Bits 2003 server.

Everything went well on the transfer. The restore gave me no warnings or errors (logs)

But when i try to edit different sites i get different errors:

First:
Server Error in '/Sites/ed385e07-a12d-4a6c-93f7-66488859c52a' Application.
Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'SiteBuilder.Modules.ImageGallery, Version=4.0.244.33064, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 56: <add verb="*" path="SiteBuilder.Modules.Statistics.ashx" type="SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Modules.Statistics.StatisticsHandler, SiteBuilder.Modules.Statistics" />
Line 57: <add verb="*" path="ImageGalleryHandler.ashx" type="SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Modules.ImageGallery.ImageGalleryHandler, SiteBuilder.Modules.ImageGallery, Version=3.2.215.20003, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" />
Line 58: <add verb="*" path="ImageGalleryHandler.ashx" type="SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Modules.ImageGallery.ImageGalleryHandler, SiteBuilder.Modules.ImageGallery, Version=4.0.244.33064, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" />
Line 59: <add verb="*" path="PostImageHandler.ashx" type="SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Modules.ImageGallery.PostImageHandler, SiteBuilder.Modules.ImageGallery, Version=4.0.244.33064, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" />
Line 60: <add verb="GET" path="ImageHandler.ashx" type="SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Modules.WebControls.ImageHandler, SiteBuilder.Modules.WebControls" />

Source File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sitebuilder\Sites\ed385e07-a12d-4a6c-93f7-66488859c52a\web.config Line: 58

This is due to the fact that the user did some testing with the imagegallery a long time ago. But decided to remove it.

I have tried to copy over the old site files but with no luck :(

Second:

Some of the sites works fine until i go to EDIT and choose one of the modules:

Image Gallery

* Images

The site is unavailable: access denied. Please contact your administrator.

Top of the pages gives me this message:
Failed to load some module designers.

The logs does not show any of this error messages so i cannot investigate further..

Any help would be appreciated !

None of these errors are showing up on the Old server.

What exact version (4.2.0, 4.2.1, 4.2.2) of Sitebuilder you use?

Can you describe all installation details please? It seems you have initially 3.2.1.215 build, then upgraded it to 4.2. Please describe your installation life details. Thanks

Thats correct , we did have 3.0 something in the beginning. Some of our users have been customers since 3.0.

When 3.2 was release we did a clean install, everyone had to rebuild their sites.

From 3.2 - 4.0 followed all the upgrade instructions given by Swsoft, no problem at all.
4.0 - 4.2 no problems

Old server running fine with 4.2 now.

I have copied over new Module DLL files now so the First problem is fixed.

But some of the sites still have :
Second:

Some of the sites works fine until i go to EDIT and choose one of the modules:

Image Gallery

* Images

The site is unavailable: access denied. Please contact your administrator.

Top of the pages gives me this message:
Failed to load some module designers.

Whats does it mean by access denied???? I have checked the security settings in windows. they are the same as on the old server...

Please do the following:
1. Upgrade your Sitebuilder installation on new x64 server to Sitebuilder 4.2.2 version;
2. Make restore from backup file
3. If you encounter similar issues, please open Wizard for the site, where issue has been appeared.

Back