• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Problems installing (Wrong perl version)

V

Vane

Guest
Hi,

At the moment I'm trying to install Plesk 7.5 Reloaded on 2 FreeBSD 5.3 boxes.

With the standard FreeBSD install and perl (5.5, right?) I can't install Plesk (wrong perl version).

So I've upgraded the whole system with CVSUP/Portupgrade. Make deinstall of the old perl and recompiled perl so I've got perl 5.8.7 on my system.

Still Plesk won't install... Because Plesk requires 5.8.6.

What can I do to get easly back to 5.8.6 so I can install PSA 7.5.3?
 
I would

deinstall the current perl

download the source code for 5.8.6 and compile and install it that way.


Ports is great, but it likes to use the most up to date software as possible, in some cases like this its not always the favourable option.
 
In the ports tree for 4.9, ther'es a perl5 and perl 5.8 tree. make sure you're in the right one.

Also, you might check and see if you have the other installed, but just not using it. You can do this via 'use.perl' and choose between system and port. Switch between and then do a perl -v.

btw
MAKE SURE YOUR PSA SOFTWARE IS STOPPED BEFORE MESSING WITH PERL. Database tearing will occur if you have any sort of traffic going on.
 
Back
Top