• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problems with sending of mail to outlook.com, hotmail.com adresses

KooTjoo

Basic Pleskian
Since a long Time I am struggling to get email delivered to outlook and hotmail adresses.

I use
‪CentOS Linux 7.2.1511 (Core)‬
Plesk version 12.5.30 Update #42, last updated at Aug 3, 2016 10:50 AM

I use Postfix

I have at about 20 domians on this server with all their dedicated IP. I have setup DKIM, SPF etc. and when testing email the all pass tests.

I have set
Outgoing mail mode - Send from domain IP addresses

The mail server used is mail.domain.com in the Email header I see that the domainname of the server is used.

All mail goes through without any issues excpet for the mail to the above mentioned.

I have tried all kinds of differetnt setups and also followed alot of suggestions on this forum. I think the issue is that the domain name of the sending domain is not the same as the domain name of the server.

Can anybody put me in the right direction here? If I need to provide more infor please let me know.

Thanks,
KooTjoo

Hi KooTjoo,

pls. consider to INCLUDE depending mail - log - entries and it is as well a very good idea to include the depending configuration files, to investigate issues/errors/problems.

Hi,

I have added the main.cf and the email header. Do I need to add more? If yes can you please tell me where to find that?

Attachments

• email_header.txt
    8.5 KB · Views: 5
  • main.txt
    29.3 KB · Views: 3
I will try to incude other info. I have tried changing the Outgoing mail mode. Change SSL/TLS, Ports etc. In short a lot of things mentioned here on the forum.

Isn't there somebody who can investiagate the email header to see if any clue is in there? Someone told me that the issue is Plesk uses the hosting server domain name as mail server and not the clients domain name. Therefore IP and domainname do not match. I hope someone can give me some clues with the info I have provided so far.

Investigations:

Your hostname is "oln-hostingserver.nl" and it resolves to the IP "37.97.144.7". The reverse check from your IP "37.97.144.7" confirms the hostname "oln-hostingserver.nl".

Due to the fact that your SPF - entry for "best4mage.com" doesn't include your hostname, you will always experience issues, if you don't include the hostname in your SPF - entry. Your SPF - entry for "best4mage.com" could look like this:

Code:
"v=spf1 +a +mx +a:oln-hostingserver.nl +ip4:37.97.144.7 ?all"

You don't have a valid default - DomainKeys - entry... in fact, the whole DomainKeys - settings are missing on your initial nameserver. Pls. see ALL your entries at "Home > Subscriptions > best4mage.com > Websites & Domains > DNS - settings" and transfer the DNS - entries to your initial nameserver of your domain - provider, to avoid issues/problems/failures. Currently, you can't use DomainKeys, because of your missing DNS - entries.

One question. I use my own nameserver on this server. ns1.oln-hostingserver.nl and ns2.oln-hostingserver.nl. So do I transfer dns entries to oln-hostingserver.nl?

Hi KooTjoo,

yes, if the initial nameserver is/are your own one(s), then you certainly would add this there. But NOTE pls. that the suggested entries should not be put for the domain "oln-hostingserver.nl", they should be done for the domain "best4mage.com". ;)

If you don't know the MISSING entries, or can't see them over your Plesk Control Panel, pls. be informed, that these standard entries are:

Entry: default._domainkey.best4mage.com
Record type: TXT
Value: p=XXXXXXXXXX;
( where "XXXXXXXXXX" is the complete DomainKeys - key from "/etc/domainkeys/best4mage.com/default", which you converted into a "PUBLIC KEY, with the commands:
Code:
cd /etc/domainkeys/best4mage.com
openssl rsa -in default -out default.txt -pubout -outform PEM
Pls. make sure to eliminiate new lines from the key as well, so that

Code:
-----BEGIN RSA PUBLIC KEY-----
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
-----END RSA PUBLIC KEY-----
will result in:
Code:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Entry: _adsp._domainkey.best4mage.com
Value: dkim=all

Entry: _domainkey.best4mage.com
Value: o=-; r=abuse@best4mage.com
( where "abuse@best4mage.com" should be an EXISTING eMail - adress, for abuse/complaint - messages. )

Consider as well to add a valid DMARC - entry, as for example:

Entry: _dmarc.best4mage.com
Value: v=DMARC1; p=none; rua=mailto:[email protected]; ruf=mailto:[email protected]; fo=0; adkim=r; aspf=r; pct=100; rf=afrf; ri=86400; sp=none
( where "abuse@best4mage.com" should be an EXISTING eMail - adress, for abuse/complaint - messages. )

Last edited by a moderator:
Great thanks again. I will be testing some things out. Do you offer by any chnage services for this. I can do a lot myself on the server, but this seems complicated for me.

Hi KooTjoo,

Do you offer by any chnage services for this. I can do a lot myself on the server, but this seems complicated for me.
Personally, I don't offer any "paid services" here at the Plesk forums. Pls. see as well => https://talk.plesk.com/members/ufhh01.148826/#info

... but Plesk brought back the "per incident support", which you might be interested in:

Hi,

I have managed to get things working to a certain point. If I do a ccheck with email-tester.com I get a 10/10 score and all is ok rDNS, DMARC, SPF.

I have done it as follows:

1. I have set up a specific mailserver with a dedicated domain name and dedicated IP.
2. I have set the reverse DNS to this dedicated domainname.
All Tests pass but mail to an hotmail.com address still arives in the spam box.

I have attached the email header for this email and hope someone can see what causes this.

Another question does anybody know of a tester that can test specificly for outlook.com, hotmail.com adresses?

Thanks

Attachments

• email_header.txt
    9.2 KB · Views: 3
Back