• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Promotional Footers

R

rhys_mck

Guys,

Why is the site builder promotional footer placed within the content section? I have placed a promotional footer in sitebuilder so my clients have my footer at the bottom of there site, but instead of the footer being at the bottom of the site, it is just below the content.

Shouldn't the promotional footer be placed beneath the actual header??? This would look much more professional.

For those who don't know what I mean, see article: http://www.swsoft.com/en/products/sitebuilder4/ss/02/

SwSoft, are you able to look into this as it does not seem right.

Thanks
Rhys

This is information from documentation: "If you wish to include your own promotional content into your users' site pages, go to the Promotional Footers tab and enter the content into the blank area." This message indicates that this is additional content on the page, so that's why it is included into page itself. I understand what you are talking about and will pass this information to Sitebuilder development team.
If you wish to place some information at the bottom of the site you need to use some keys from language pack. For example, if you use English language, try to find files /usr/local/sitebuilder/resources/locale/en_US/Wizard/Design.lng
/usr/local/sitebuilder/resources/locale/en_US/Wizard/Site.lng and change necessary keys there.

Actually - the Wizard.lng file only manages the text labels and not the input boxes. Even if it did manage what was put into the Footer input box, that would not stop the client changing it and on top of that it does not seem to accept html tags, so you cannot even make a link.

I am absolutely dumbfounded that the developers thought it was a good idea to put the resellers tag line in the content area. That makes no sense at all and it seems to me that it would have been pretty easy to just put it below the current footer? (I understand that this would mean a change to templates, but nonetheless....)

Andrew

Yes, you're right. To place the promotional footer below the "Footer message" requires the redesign of templates. Placing the footers after the page content was the easiest way to add this feature to Sitebuilder.

Sure - but it is totally useless. If the content is 2 lines, then the powered by line is right there in the middle of the content.

That being the case (and this is not your fault as a programmer) but the marketers are really stretching the truth when they advertise this 'new feature'.

I have taken a look at the templates and while I have not looked at all of them, I *think* I can identify a common string that I can search for and replace or add code after to put the footer in.

Seems to me a little sed script should solve the problem (at least until templates are updated).

regards
Andrew

Back