• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Protect Directory Problems

D

deng_x_ping

Hello,

I've been having a problem with Plesk lately. I woke up one day and all my logins/passwords for all my sites on one server just didn't work.

I tried deleting the password protection in Plesk, re-uploading folders, re-doing the protection, created new logins, new passwords, etc, nothing seems to work. Right now, I'm not able to set up any protected directories; that is, no matter how long I wait (for changes to kick in), no login ID's or passwords that I create work. I haven't set up any .ht* files, everything I've done, I've done through Plesk.

What's up? Anyone know?

Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

I've got the same problem with one of my domains :confused: . Did you ever get this fixed? If I look at the /pd/d.. file I can see the user I created but when I compare the MD5 hash to the password I inputted it doesn't match. The only difference I can see between this account and other accounts is that it has Frontpage enabled. The problem only seems to happen when passwording the root (although I've done this successfully for other domains). Any help much appreciated :)

Back