1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

psadump/restore missing?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by PChristensen, Aug 1, 2005.

1. PChristensen

PChristensen Guest

I had posted awhile ago about some issues i was having with my company's plesk install:

http://forum.plesk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24828

basically, i've come up with no solution to this problem, and things seem to be getting worse. i have a suspicion that the problem lies with our iinstall of red hat, an install that i inherited.

so, i'm planning on doing a reinstall, but I need to back up our domain settings. I went to use psabackup, only to find it mysteriously missing.

so these are my questions:

1.) Is there a separate installer i need to run to install these tools? I'm told our plesk install was installed from the RPMs, would this make a difference?

2.) If it's a matter of a botched install, can I safely re-install the plesk software without destroying my domain data?

any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

-phil christensen

2. hardweb

hardweb Guest

You must install all RPMS from the /opt/bu directory available in the Plesk installation kit.