• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Push Not Working

ejschenck

New Pleskian
Our server is Windows 2008 R2 SP1 and we are running Plesk 11.0.9 Update #6. I've confirmed that we have the Power Pack and the Plesk Parallels Mobile Center 1.1 Release 3195 is installed.

The settings in Mobile Center show that PUSH is turned ON, and I've gotten both my iPad and iPhone connected, but not getting any push notifications. If I toggle the IMAP or SMTP connector service I'll get a notification INSIDE the app, but no push. I'm also getting emails from the server showing it's trying to send the push:

Running task: C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\php.exe -c "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\php.ini" -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\modules\plesk-mobile\scripts\push_worker.php"
Started: Tue Jul 24 17:03:00 2012
Ended successfully: Tue Jul 24 17:04:16 2012

I'm wondering if there is a firewall setting that needs to be set for the server to connect and send push? Also, the new iOS app v1.2.0 DOES NOT request permission to send notifications. It does ask me if I want to receive push notifications, but at no time does the OS message come up asking me if it's OK, nor does the app show up under Settings -> Notifications.

Could you show contents of C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\var\modules\plesk-mobile\MobileConnector.log?

Hello,

Yes, to receive push notifications you should allow connections from the managed Plesk to the host gateway.push.apple.com though the port 2195.

Despite the task is ended successfully it doesn't guarantee that the push notification has been delivered to the Apple Push Services.

Mobile Connector Log

Here is the Mobile Connector log...

(80fc6) [WARNING] [User] cli No configuration file found. Creating a new one with default settings.
(80fc6) [WARNING] [User] cli No cache database found, creating an empty one.

I'll check the firewall to make sure that port is open. Any idea why we keep getting those messages emailed to us every few minutes?

I understand that application didn't ask for push permission. We are trying to find out why it didn't. And one of possible reasons is that when app was opened for the first time push notifications were globaly disabled on you phone. If so, than we've probably identified bug. If not, we have to continue our investigation.

I'm in the same position.

The app on my mobile device (iPhone4) updated itself and when I went to use it on my server, the server installed the new mobile control API.
Since then I have received an email every 3 minutes with:

Running task: C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\php.exe -c "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\php.ini" -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\modules\plesk-mobile\scripts\push_worker.php"
Started: Mon Aug 06 11:30:00 2012
Ended successfully: Mon Aug 06 11:31:16 2012

I haven't seen any 'push' notifications sent to my mobile device as yet although my 'mobile center' server settings are:
Log level: "Notice"
iOS Push Support: "Enabled"

Any advice on why I get the emails and not the 'push' notifications on my phone is appreciated.

Cheers

I don't know why the reply won't post, but NO - there is no global setting turning the notifications off. Your app didn't ask for permissions at startup for some reason.

Back