1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Qmail+checkuser+Plesk

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by blackdeep, Jan 3, 2006.

1. blackdeep

blackdeep Guest

I've a problem with the smtp service of my server.
    My mail server is psa_qmail 1.03 + vpopmail + spamassassin.
    The smtp service is being continuosly opened by many IP addresses that try to send mail to inexistent user on my server. After while xinetd daemon, overloaded, crash.
    I found a patch that can solve my problem. The patch is named checkuser (www.interazioni.org).
    Anyone have tried this patch? Is compatible with Plesk 7.5 reloaded for Unix/Linux?

Matteo Nenci

2. jwdick

jwdick Guest

I solved this problem by creating an email address called spam@mydomain.com. Then set Plesk to forward all email to non-existent users to this newly created email address. The trick is to NOT enable the mailbox for this new address. Then all email to nonexistent addresses is forwarded to spam@mydomain.com but since the mailbox is not enabled, the emails just drop off the wire into space. No bounced message, no rejects and no email staying in the queue.