• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Qmail+checkuser+Plesk

B

blackdeep

I've a problem with the smtp service of my server.
My mail server is psa_qmail 1.03 + vpopmail + spamassassin.
The smtp service is being continuosly opened by many IP addresses that try to send mail to inexistent user on my server. After while xinetd daemon, overloaded, crash.
I found a patch that can solve my problem. The patch is named checkuser (www.interazioni.org).
Anyone have tried this patch? Is compatible with Plesk 7.5 reloaded for Unix/Linux?

Matteo Nenci

Originally posted by blackdeep
I've a problem with the smtp service of my server.
My mail server is psa_qmail 1.03 + vpopmail + spamassassin.
The smtp service is being continuosly opened by many IP addresses that try to send mail to inexistent user on my server. After while xinetd daemon, overloaded, crash.
I found a patch that can solve my problem. The patch is named checkuser (www.interazioni.org).
Anyone have tried this patch? Is compatible with Plesk 7.5 reloaded for Unix/Linux?

Matteo Nenci

I solved this problem by creating an email address called [email protected]. Then set Plesk to forward all email to non-existent users to this newly created email address. The trick is to NOT enable the mailbox for this new address. Then all email to nonexistent addresses is forwarded to [email protected] but since the mailbox is not enabled, the emails just drop off the wire into space. No bounced message, no rejects and no email staying in the queue.

Back