1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Qmail problem

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by stainfotech, May 29, 2005.

1. stainfotech

stainfotech Guest

Hi,

I'm using Plesk Reloaded 7.5 on RedHat 9. I have a problem with sending mail with qmail producing this error:

qmail: 1117409382.833569 delivery 125: deferral: CNAME_lookup_failed_temporarily._(#4.4.3)/

I only tested sending using webmail so far. Webmail just sits there for ages trying to send and nothing happens.

If anyone could shed some light on this problem it would be greatly appreciated.

2. jamesyeeoc

jamesyeeoc Guest

Sounds like a DNS resolution failure, What's in your /etc/resolv.conf file?

You should have at least 1 if not more other DNS server IPs listed in it. If you have a single external DNS server and it goes offline or for whatever reason is unable to process the lookup request, you can get this error.

The file should contain 1 or more lines such as:

nameserver 111.222.333.444

where the 111.222.333.444 represents valid IPs of external DNS servers, usually belonging to your ISP/provider.

3. stainfotech

stainfotech Guest

Hi James,

You were right, it was a DNS issue but not in resolv.conf. My firewall was misconfigured. I've allowed port 53 in but not out and DNS didn't like that. :)

Thanks for your help anyway.