1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

qmail stopping @ fbsd 4.9

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by GGWS Chris, Nov 19, 2005.

1. GGWS Chris

GGWS Chris Guest

Hi,

I have a FreeBSD 4.9 server that I have recently upgraded to Plesk 7.5.4. Ever since then I have been getting complaints of qmail stopping and e-mails not being sent, and one complaint of e-mails not being recieved.

I know there are issues with mail on 7.5.4-- has anyone come any closer to resolving this?

2. ShadowMan@

ShadowMan@ Guest

You're not running the Watchdog module are you?

3. GGWS Chris

GGWS Chris Guest

We are running the watchdog module.

4. ShadowMan@

ShadowMan@ Guest

Then that would explain why Qmail keeps stopping. The watchdog module is buggy. Either uninstall it, or search the forum for the tweak to it for handling Qmail properly.

We always uninstall it, then use other 3rd party monitoring/process restarting packages, there are both free ones (SIM) and commercial ones (4psa).

5. GGWS Chris

GGWS Chris Guest

Thank you! :)