• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

qmail will not start

N

nwilcox

Vituozzo---System Services

qmail (select) --- Start
Service "qmail" starting scheduled. (Details)

Feb 01, 2008 05:47:23 AM Operation start with the VPS(s) VEID327 service "qmail" is started. Completed

Feb 01, 2008 05:47:26 AM Starting qmail: [FAILED] Completed

Feb 01, 2008 05:47:26 AM Operation start with the VPS(s) VEID327 service "qmail" is finished with errors: #703 Can not start/stop/restart service: Starting qmail: [FAILED] . Failed

Server---Servies---Service Managament

SMTP Server (Qmail) is stopped

Click Restart

Service is not available now. Please check your Mysql status here.

Service is Running

I cant remember were I saw it... there was a mention of No File or Folder.

Everything was running fine for 1 1/4 years, my email server was being used to bouce spam from it so I stop the SMTP Server so I could clean the queue list and when I went to restart it this is what I get.

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated !!!!

Can anyone help?

Any ideas what to check for?

I have the 4000 messages in the queue.. I was going to remove them from the mail queue, I stopped the server before deleting any becuase I did not want to remove enough for it to send the remaining junk.

When I went to queue list it would not display any becuase qmail service was not running.

Now when I try to start qmail server it fails..

What can I try?

Under Server... Services when I click SMTP Start

Service is not available now, probably your Plesk is misconfigured.
Contact Your provider for details.

Internal Plesk error occurred: Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by mailmng: mailmng: Service qmail failed to start System error 2: No such file or directory

Is it possible somehow the file or folder was deleted os something?

Hi.

Could you please provide with the output of
/etc/init.d/qmail start

If it fails the piece of /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog and /var/log/messages (if there are any errors) would be helpful

Back