• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Quit integrating SWsoft SPAM adverts into our PAID software

Someone had mentioned the newsfeed on Horde, thats easy to remove see:
http://bb.unixdream.net/viewtopic.php?t=13

The rest, shouldn't be too tough to remove with some digging around.

Ultimately SW-Soft has gone over the line by including advertising for a paid product. Yes there are alternatives out there, but some of us have a great deal of money and time already invested in PSA. So the answer is simply to complain to SW-Soft to fix their latest update or simply go around like many people do and fix it yourself.

Thx
J

Originally posted by ZeroSixty
What is going on SWsoft? Why are you spamming MY clients with YOUR products that are of absolutely no use to them??

I have paid a lot of money for each of my Plesk licences and do not appreciate you forcing adverts on to my hosting clients. I expect adverts in free products but not SOFTWARE I HAVE PAID FOR! :mad:

The name SWsoft should NOT appear anywhere to the end user. Admin panel only, if you must. Give us the option to:

REMOVE Plesk News
REMOVE News feed in Webmail (adverts IMO)

http://bb.unixdream.net/viewtopic.php?t=13

REMOVE any mention of Dr.Web if not installed
REMOVE any mention of Virtuozzo if not installed
REMOVE Adverts in top banner

PATCH REQUIRED IMMEDIATELY :mad:

I realise most of it can be hacked out but that's not an option to those with more than a handful of servers.

I'm sure the next patch will have the Virtuozzo stuff removed, from what I hear. I'll be pleasantly surprised if it's all gone.

Originally posted by poke
SWSOFT, catch a clue and include the removal of the SPAM BS in the next psa update please :confused:

Even though I got to use Plesk on a leased server, I strongly second that.

Please clean up both Plesk and Horde.

And please remove the Fotalia-spam at the same time - or at least put it on the MyPlesk.com homepage where it belongs...

I had left a message for our sales rep to call me over the weekend, and he did return my call. Good work, guys - because apparently they have been getting quite a bit of negative feedback about the advertising.

He mentioned that there would be a patch forthcoming that will remove the advertising based on license key and/or user preference. I'm not sure how it will work so please don't ask. :confused:

However, it probably would be a good idea to keep this thread alive, and also, if you have not yet mentioned something to your sales rep, please take a moment to do so. Even though they may have heard it all before, it's important that as many voices be heard as possible.

After all, the sales team wants to spend their time selling the product. If they are spending their time with complaints from customers, then that takes away from what they are able to sell. And that will make them very motivated to make sure the problem is resolved!

Report back here if you have any news, please.

I contacted my guy @ SWSoft and he said the same thing along the lines of:

"We're aware of it, we understand that people are inconvenienced by it and it will be removed in a future release."

good, so hopefully this issue (among the awstats and other bugs that arose) will be fixed soon and i can safelly upgrade to 8.1 :)

You're right, Hal. But don't forget to let SWSoft know what you're thinking. If its really an important issue for you, its worth a few minutes to let them know. That will mean more than posting on the forum.

Hi everyone,

I want SW-SOFT also to remove spam from plesk, horde and apache default page.

And btw, if someone working at SW-SOFT is reading this post :
**** You guys have to listen to your customers ! Plesk is great but could be greater. Features like awstat were asked years ago, if you would have listened to us, you would have gained probably more clients now ****

Originally posted by dom974
Hi everyone,

**** You guys have to listen to your customers ! Plesk is great but could be greater. Features like awstat were asked years ago, if you would have listened to us, you would have probably more clients now ****

Make sure you tell them that, because they do not officially read the forum, so the only way to give this sort of feedback is by making a support ticket or contacting your sales contact at SW Soft.

That's another thing I don't understand ... they host a forum but don't even look at it ?

Quite weird in my eyes, ive just sent my e-mail off to says asking when and why.

Originally posted by dom974
That's another thing I don't understand ... they host a forum but don't even look at it ?

I agree. But most software companies I am working with do that :(

The forum is to make announcements and let users talk to each other. It's not an official support channel.

yea lighten their load by getting everyone else to fix their bug fix's then put it into their Knowledge base

keep in mind, not only contacting them but keep posting here the responses you get and your thoughts.

yes indeed its very wrong to place ads on paid software, and I agree 100% if they want, to keep the ads on the free versions (that crappy trial they have).

I believe their influence from Microsoft, is being awfully big, from the last 4 releases of Plesk i have been comparing them with MS, because they have been releasing NON_PRODUCTION_READY software which is the main characteristic of MS.

I'm tired of being a beta tester for Sw-Soft, i must admit that on my own servers, i have had little if not no problems at all, but in the servers i manage i have had lots of issues.

Im not yet ready to upgrade to 8.1 i will not yet again go for an upgrade to have LOADS of problems, nor beta test any longer the product that should have been tested and tested and tested long enough by SW-Soft, they should hire a beta testing team, with the ABSURDLY BIG amount of money they are making from us, they should be able to afford such a team, where they can test upgrades, in different distros, different situations, clean/updates, with custom configs. Not everybody has a clean server, and most of us that have servers online for years have some customizations done to them, whatever the case, to stop spam, to secure environment, whatever, they just should test IN EVERY POSSIBLE case their product, then, when at least 99% of the tests goes without problems, they should release it as production ready.

any news from swsoft as for when the patch will come out?
at least they released a patch for 8.0.1 yesterday fixing the proftpd vulnerability and an unspecified xss vulnerability in plesk...
so actually i can sit back and wait that swoft learns from its mistakes AT LEAST this time!

So far ive had no reply from SWsoft whats so ever. not that impressed.

i agree

**** You guys have to listen to your customers ! Plesk is great but could be greater. Features like awstat were asked years ago, if you would have listened to us, you would have gained probably more clients now ****

i totally agree. i will contact them and ask them what they thougth by doing this.

such a shitty thing. without a warning or notice they'll put more and more ads into.

that pisses me off

Back