• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question (Re)Open website in SiteJet

GyroTwister

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.57.1
Hello all,

Probably a "n00b" question, but I've installed Plesk on a Linux VPS and build my website with SiteJet. My question is how to open the website again with SiteJet to keep on editing?

You can simply click on the "Sitejet Builder" Icon again. It will automatically open the same site that you previously edited on that domain in a separate Window. You can publish the site again just as if this was the first publication.

Thanks for the swift reply, Peter.
However when log in, into Plesk for the second time after publishing the website, the only possibility I have is to "Change website template" with the SiteJet logo on it.

It seems I have no other way to open SiteJet again.

Maybe your first publication attempt was not successful? Only when no website was published yet, you see the "template" message. Else you see date and time of the last publication, e.g.

1701112032500.png

Anyway, a click on that button will open the Builder so that you can edit the site.

Well I got the message "Webpage published succesfully" but I will not get the SiteJet Builder icon with the lat published date. Only to change the template.

Was it published to the domain you are on? Is the published website actually visible when you open the domain? Was the domain name changed meanwhile? Did you try to click on the icon to edit the website again?

Website is operational. It is published on the domain I'm on. The published website is visible. There has been no name change. If I click on the icon again it will only let me change templates and do the entire site again.
casualoldergamers.eu

Attached the images as how I see it

Attachments

• plesk_success.png
    plesk_success.png
    12 KB · Views: 10
  • pleks_no_sitejet_builder.png
    pleks_no_sitejet_builder.png
    163 KB · Views: 10
Ok after doing some alterations on the website, it states once more "Successfully published website" but the changes are not showing up on the website. I'm under the impression that something in the setup of Plesk has gone wrong somehow....

Is this really the same server or was the domain present on another server and migrated to a new server after the Sitejet Builder hat published the first website? Was it maybe restored or migrated?

OK,
- Reinstalled VPS
- Updated OS (Ubuntu 22,.04.3)
- Installed Plesk with one-click-installer
- Added domain and certificate
- Opened template in SiteJet and published to domain: casualoldergamers.eu

If you open the website you will see the template correctly published, however returnig to Plesk there is no button to edit the website again, only to change template which means do all the work again.

What am I doing wrong? I'm clueless at this point......

AFAIK the server is resolvable by name. Ping <name> returns the correct <ip-address>. However my domain name seems to change to a random one as stated in the Plesk documentation Post-Install Configuration
The hostname is defined in Tools & Settings > General Settings > Server Settings and on your system in /etc/hosts. But the hostname should not matter when editing a website with Sitejet Builder.

Ok after the session ended I'm unable to connect to my website in csm.sitehub.io. Still have no button to edit my website again.

It's getting really annoying, contacted my VPS lessor and he's pointing me to Plesk! Where to get the correct support? (Even paid as I cann't be a****d anymore.

OK this is very strange and probably needs to be looked in by the developers.
Normally on the Plesk homepage the domains are listed in "Dynamic List" on this view I have no possibility to open my earlier created website. However when I switch to "Active List" a button appears which is called "Create Site" underneath the "Use SiteJet Builder".
Despite the title is "Create Site" it opened up my previously created website. Switching back to "Dynamic List" still doesn't give me the possibility to edit the site.

If you'd like to receive individual assistance, please create a support ticket.
To sign-in to support please go to https://support.plesk.com

If you experience login issues, please see this KB article:
https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...rt-plesk-com-and-password-reset-does-not-work

If you bought your license from a reseller, your reseller should provide support for you. If the reseller does not provide support, here is an alternative:
https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/12388090147095-How-to-get-support-directly-from-Plesk-

Reached out to Plesk Support. It is a problem in the current version of the SiteJet Builder Extension. Developers are involved and will be solved in the next update of the extension. For now Plesk support implemented a workaround so it works as intended. @Peter Debik thank you for your patience with me and the problem and a HUGE thank you to the Plesk support department!

Back