• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Input Recommended replacement for Cloudlinux 6?

yabado

Regular Pleskian
Since Cloudlinux 6 support ends this year, what would be the recommended Linux OS to migrate to?

I am not married to the idea of staying with Cloudlinux, especially since it does not support some basic built in Plesk features.

What is the most Plesk friendly ( and secure ) version of Linux to jump to?

Thanks.

Most people are using Ubuntu and Debian. Personally I feel that the most issues also come up with these two, specificially in package handling. But that could also be due to the fact that they are being used most.

My preference is CentOS, the Redhat clone. That is because Redhat is the industry standard for Linux, so it is very unlikely that there are glitches that cannot be fixed in these two. So far we never had any OS related issues with CentOS, and Plesk has always been working like a charm with it. There are some limits in Plesk for CentOS 8 though, and I am not sure whether all of these will be fixed in the future.

Back