• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Recovery from server hard drive failure

C

codesmith

Our server's hard drive failed this morning. Apparently it was in the boot section so that data *should* be ok. Our data center is rebuilding our server and will mount our old drive but after that it's up to us. We do not have a very current backup of the whole drive but we do have a fairly recent backup of important data.

Ideall we'll be able to port over the data from the bad drive to the new one. Does anyone have any links/how tos or a checklist on porting the data on our drive? The plesk setup, mail, websites, mysql all come to mind but I'm not that knowledgeable so I'm sure we'll be missing stuff. Hopefully we can just copy those files over and be fairly good to go but I'm sure it won't be that easy.

Any pointers appreciated. Any gurus available for hire please let me know too --- codesmithsf <<at>> yahoo. We're running RH9 and Plesk 6 - I posted here instead of the plesk 6 forum since it seems to be more active.

Back