• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Relative links don't work

G

gmoody

When using a relative link to a page in the root on any site hosted on a 6.5 server the URL displayed in the browser contains the dominname.com_non_ssl/ reference. Has anyone else seen/fixed this problem?

How are you using relative links?

We use them all the time w/ no problem.

The address isn't incorrect. It's something that needs cleaned up but if you are running SP1 it does not affect functionality. If you look in IIS it shows the IP Address for each IP on the server. Under that it has domain.com_non_ssl and domain.com_ssl for each site. These are the actual sites. As Virtual Directories they are sometimes appearing in the title bar. Plesk said this would be fixed in the next verison.

OK I have a little more information on my problem. It seems that ASP include file like this example:
<!-- #include virtual /includes/meta.asp"-->

Returns an include file not found error. This happens for all sites that use ASP. If I create a site on the same server bypassing plesk and Using IIS6 everything works as it should.

I was getting the <!-- #include file /includes/ error and <!-- #include virtual /includes/ error on all of my domains running asp on all my seperate 6.5 installs (running 2003 Standard) as well. make sure to have parent paths enabled - the latest patch fixes this - it fixed my <!-- #include file /includes/, but it did not fix my virtual includes

i have sent in a ticket and the plesk dev team has been working on it for 3 days - i'll keep you posted if they get me a solution - but it looks like our first hotfix might be coming out based on the issues they're having that the first patch should have fixed.

Yes, my <!-- #include file works ok but <!-- #include virtual does not work. I too have a ticket with Plesk, but so far that doesn't mean much. If you do find a solution please post it here.

Run an ASP Script to pull all the path info. You will learn your virtual path must include /domain.com_non_ssl or _ssl/ If you need a script, I have one. Email me and I will email it back.

hey ddreams - i noticed that should work, but i assumed we should be able to do it to the virtuals root and plesk said we should be able to - i do it on my other win2k3 boxes with no problem.

i was coming close to doing that, but i'd hate to do it and then change it back (1100 pages in 400 folders).

i am now starting to think this is the only way on the plesk box and i should do it anyway.

give me some more feedback. thanks.

Your really not going to like this. Plesk has stated that it will be "cleaned up" completely in 7.0 Meaning that you will no longer see the virtual directory for include virtual no in the browser. We simply changed our scripts to include file instead and used the relative path.

well - you can't expect everything when your beta testing!!!
looks like i will use file as well so i don't run into any future problems when it switches in 7.0.

thanks for the feedback ddreams.

At least it isn't as bad as Windows 2000 was on day one of release. :)

Back