• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Removing LetsEncrypt cert from Webmail

methodz

New Pleskian
Hello,

The latest update for Plesk's LetsEncrypt allows the automatic securing of webmail. Once that is done the SSL cert shows that it is being used by 2 domains. If you want to remove the cert you usually first have to disassociate it from the domains it is being used on before you can remove it.

Removing the cert from the domain is done by selecting None on Hosting Settings. However the webmail cert is still there and the count on LetsEncrypt for that cert goes down from 2 domains to 1 domain.

The cert still cannot be removed though. This cannot be done now as I do not see any option from Plesk GUI to remove a cert from webmail once it has been assigned.

Is this confirmed? If it is, is there a workaround until Plesk is updated to support this?

Thanks.

CentOS Linux 7.3.1611
Plesk Version 17.0.17 Update #26
LetsEncrypt 2.1.0

Im not sure if my original report is not easily understood, so let me put it simply as this:

Certificate cannot be removed if you use the option to secure "Webmail" in Plesk's LetsEncrypt.

I can't give you an answer and you are probably right in that it can't be done elegantly, but what is the actual problem?
Maybe it inhibits you from creating a LetsEncrypt for webmail on another server? This would make it a real issue.

If it doesn't it's merely a cosmetic thing that can't even be seen by normal customers.

EDIT
I read the OP again and it should remove all the certificates....

It's a new feature and one that received much pressure from the customers. Will probably be fixed soon. Do report it in reports...

Shouldn't the title read?

"Removing LetsEncrypt from domain doesn't remove the webmail certificate"

Last edited:
I had been taught to select "domains" then select your domain then select "SSL/TLS Certificates" and then select, "Secure Webmail." However upon doing that, I never saw a way from this screen to remove the certificate. That is located somewhere else.

To remove the webmail certificate, select "domains," then select your domain and then select "Mail Settings." From here there is a field, "SSL/TLS certificate for webmail." Just set the drop down to "Not Selected" and click ok. This should remove the domain webmail certificate from your webmail.

... and after applying Walter's solution open the SSL/TLS icon and remove the webmail subdomain certificate from there, too.

I had little bit similar problem. I got Plesk email Could not renew Let`s Encrypt certificates for and was not able to find the certificates. After some time I found they was using for webmail, but webmail was not activated after last Obsidian update. In email setting under domain was no certificate. Finally I had to activate webmail to go to the domain -> email settings and remove the Let´s Encrypt certificate. Than remove webmail and remove the Let´s Encrypt certificates finally :rolleyes:

Back