1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Removing reference to Antivirus and Spamassassin

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by edispah, Jun 6, 2005.

1. edispah

edispah Guest

Hi

Im evaluating Plesk 7.5.3 on Fedora Core 2

I already have a system in place that checks email for virus/spam and dont want the to use the Anti-Virus and spamassasin features of Plesk.

Ive not installed them but when looking at the users mail preferences it still says under "Info"

Antivirus mail checking Disabled
    SpamAssassin Off

This will confuse my customers as they do have spam and virus checking just not with this system.

Is there a way to remove them from appearing in the interface?

Cheers

Paul Houselander

2. poke

poke Guest

I've used the hide button feature new to psa 7.5.3 and that doesn't remove the drweb and SA buttons. :( I don't use sw-softs's anti-virus or S.A. and would like a fix for this.

It's just a marketing tool used by sw-soft to make end users think that they are missing out on something they already have, thus making us look bad. I think it would be in their best interest to fix this issue.

I use 4PSA's tools and they help with the confusion a little as the tools are in the navigation pane.

regards,
    poke

3. hardweb

hardweb Guest

4. edispah

edispah Guest

Thanks that worked a treat.

Paul Houselander