• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Removing the Virtuozzo spam from Plesk's interface

any update? anyone knows when this update will be out?

Thanks

It's not that bad.

Sure it's bad, but it's not that bad.

They need to get that cash as well, could you imagine if you all got stuck with cPanel/WHM? 1/2 of you would go out of business.

Appreciate what you have and stop moaning.

You can get rid of the news by editing the PSA databases (at least, you could in version 8.0). We wrote a script that "Dismisses the News" for each client and domain that is setup.

Here's a snippet of perl code we use:

For clients:

$query = "SELECT id FROM clients WHERE login='$client'";
@cID = $queryDBpsa->($query);
$query = "REPLACE INTO cl_param (param, val , cl_id) VALUES ('news_dismissed
', '1', '$cID[0]');";
$queryDBpsa->($query);

For domains:

$query = "SELECT id FROM domains WHERE name='$domain'";
@dID = $queryDBpsa->($query);
$query = "REPLACE INTO dom_param (param, val , dom_id) VALUES ('news_dismiss
ed', '1', '$dID[0]');";
$queryDBpsa->($query);

Hope that helps some of you.

For those that have access to Key Administrator (partners, etc), did you know that you can remove the Virtuozzo and photo purchasing links from Plesk?

All you need to do is login to KA, find your key and upgrade it. Under "SWsoft Services Features" there are 'upgrades' to disable "Virtuozzo Promo" and "Fotolia".

I'm in the process of doing it to our keys now :)

Does anyone have a solution for this? Is there a new patch out that solve this?

I've emailed their sales department as well... Plesk has been great so far, I just hope the reports on this forum regarding a patch for removal are true.. otherwise we'll have to scrap plesk, which sucks because there aren't any other "professional looking" CPs out there.

At the same time, I'd rather downgrade the CP than miss out on revenue because of SPAM in a product we're PAYING for.

[edit: typo]

Hey,

I really like Plesk. I liked the Plesk News in the panel, as I could easially find what is new.

But this time they went too far! Why the f*ck have they added Virtuzzo Spam! I do not want Virtuzzo and I payed for a licence.

OpenSource Panels have less publicity than this!

For a product that expensive as Plesk it is unacceptable to have publicity.

Same for the pictures. Who the hell needs that?

It simply is pure spam. If you want pictures use Google Images!

A response from my sales guy:

We are aware of this issue, We are releasing a hotfix for Plesk 8.1 which will allow customers to turn off advertising of VZ and Fotolia in the admin control panel. The Plesk Unix – next week (Thursday - Friday).

The genius at SW-Soft's customer relations department should be freaking FIRED!!! We are not paying lots of money to SW-Soft to get SPAM. This should have never happened, I guess they just tried it to see if we all will sit there and take this ****. SW-Soft needs to realize that without us there is no them, period!

I've been of the opinion that there there shouldn't be anything in the client and domain user CP's NOT even the Plesk name (if we don't want it), we are supposed to paying a license for a rebrandable control panel. Companies just want to have their cake and eat it .... I bought some 4PSA ad-ons for Plesk a while ago only to find that they put a credit for their company name and www address in the client and domain user control panels ....

I DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR LICENSED SOFTWARE AND THEN SEE SOMONE TAKING THE P*SS BY TRYING TO PUT ADVERTISING ADDITIONAL CREDITS IN FRONT OF MY CUSTOMERS ....

SWSOFT STOP IT !
4PSA STOP IT !

WHY DO YOU INSULT US LIKE THIS ??????

good work ZeroSixty wait to tell it to the man, hope they learn there lesson

ok there was a plesk hotfix this day is there now any way to STOP THIS SPAM?

SWsoft said it will be done with the first hotfix but there is nothing changed!!

After installing the hotfix there are checkboxes under Interface Preferences to hide the newsfeeds, Virtuozzo promotion and Fotolia promotion.

ok thats it! but i think its ot smple to find that buttons there i ll hope SWsoft will deactivate this SPAM and use this buttons to activate it by new installed plesk versions!

It's not quite resolved yet...

Virtuozzo reference with clickable link still appears in top right-hand corner of the login screen and in most screens you see after you log on.

mh i dont have this links i think its because im using a skin wich was created for plesk 8.0 ?

There's a "My Plesk" button I've only recently discovered in the control panel for an individual email account too. It points to myplesk.com which invites people to transfer their domains over to them.

That button is pretty hard for an admin to find because they'd rarely use that part of the interface.

It's all quite disgusting if you ask me. We shell out for licence fees, maintenance, support, and yet we still have to put up with this sort of rubbish?

Sw-Soft you should be ashamed of yourselves. These servers are ours, the customers on them are ours and you have no legal or moral right to try and steal them from us.

Hotfix

Plesk Release New Hot fix for Removing Virtuozzo Spam.

What's new in build81061212.22
4.1 Changelog

1. [*] Now you can remove Virtuozzo promotion page, link to Fotolia site and Plesk news
2. [*] Application vault updates
3. [-] Several API, Backup, Migration manager bugs are fixed.
4. [-] Bug in filemanager within Safari is fixed.
5. [-] Issue with number of subdomains and domain aliases in Domains page is resolved.
6. [-] Issue with awstats icons is resolved.

4.2 Detailed description

1. Now you can remove Virtuozzo promotion page, link to Fotolia site and Plesk news

To remove a Virtuozzo promotion page, link to Fotolia web site and Plesk news, go to Server->Interface preferences, select the Hide Virtuozzo promotion, Hide Fotolia promotion, and Hide newsfeeds checkboxes, then click OK.
2. Application vault updates

The following application packages are updated: egroupware, gallery, plog, postnuke, tutos, typo, webcalendar, wordpress.

Thanks
Kanaggaraj

There's a "My Plesk" button I've only recently discovered in the control panel for an individual email account too. It points to myplesk.com which invites people to transfer their domains over to them.

You can also hide that button under Interface Preferences.

Back